Swapping my unrootable updated replacment EVO for an Epic

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I got stuck with a replacement EVO with the gingrbread update that locked the bootloader and am too impatient to wait for the dev's to do their magic( its only been a few weeks, but I just can't stand my phone in this condition!)...... Found someone willing to swap out their epic and after I verify that all things are on the up and up, I can't wait to get down to rooting and Rom'ing it. Just was curious for any info on what some of the roms' best features are. I prefer cm7, but it doesn't look like that thread is being kept up anymore....so whatever info you all could share would be great! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
So I got stuck with a replacement EVO with the gingrbread update that locked the bootloader and am too impatient to wait for the dev's to do their magic( its only been a few weeks, but I just can't stand my phone in this condition!)...... Found someone willing to swap out their epic and after I verify that all things are on the up and up, I can't wait to get down to rooting and Rom'ing it. Just was curious for any info on what some of the roms' best features are. I prefer cm7, but it doesn't look like that thread is being kept up anymore....so whatever info you all could share would be great! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The benefit will be that the bootloader will never be locked. Now that I have a thunderbolt on Verizon, I know there are many benefits of HTC over Samsung devices. Everything in general is more polished and the dev community is way more numerous. I already have full functional (with LTE data) CM7 working on my Thunderbolt where the Epic still doesn't have a functional one. Good news is the Gingerbread Leaks are getting a bit less buggy, although the Radios seem to crash where the only fix is reflashing the modem. Until you're by a computer though, not much you can do with getting the radio to work again (i got it to work once by wiping everything in ClockworkMod). But needing a computer to do things makes it no better than an iPhone which I had briefly for 3 weeks while I waited for a Thunderbolt rebooting issue fix. Odin (Windows Only) will be your friend, getting the drivers and everything settled the first time can be a bit tricky. If you are going to stay on Froyo based ROMs and Modems, you should have no issues. This phone handles very different from HTC though, just a heads up. I would probably have done an even trade with you on the Evo, even though I'm dropping my Sprint Coverage. I would have the time to wait for an unlocked bootloader and I like the fact that the charging port is on the bottom of the phone instead of the side like it is on my thunderbolt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty