black status bar?

nalanotae

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
i am running syndicate frozen 1.1 with the emotionless beast resurected theme i have been able to change many things succesfully but i cant figure out how to get a black status bar can any one help me out. i have a nanddroid backup. i have no problem with unbricking my phone but i cant seem to find anything that will let me change the status bar. i have read that .9.png files cannot be changed but each theme has a different staus bar so there has to be a way to change it

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
In answer to your question yes .9. pngs can be modified but they require a special method.

They are first modified to your likings in whatever paint application you want to use. Example, Gimp, Paint Shop Pro, etc.

Then they have to be run through "DrawPatch" which is a tool and part of the Android SDK package which is available to anyone. This will allow you to format the file properly to a 9 png file that will compile properly.

You have to then slip this file, in your case "statusbar_background.9.png" into the "framework-res.apk" of your ROM or a flashable zip and flash it in CWM.

Sounds not to bad but the problem is, whatever framework-res.apk/twframework-res.apk package you use say from the Emotionless Beast theme could overwrite you have already changed previously. Simply flashing a change to the statusbar itself is simple if you know what to expect from the package your using but otherwise it could once flashed change something else that is themed in your device with a "newer" file/image/png, etc.. if you get what I'm saying.

So I hope this helps you along in your quest for changing your status bar. Its not a hard deal really but if you were to use a newer modified status bar image in the Emtionless Beast theme you have it will reset whatever changes you have made to the E B theme since the first time you flashed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress