[EI22][GINGERBREAD] Gingerbread " Bug Thread "

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't really know if this is a bug with gingerbread but for the 1st time since getting a replacement phone last march, my phone randomly shut itself down while just lying on my desk. Phone had more than 80% of battery left. This has only happened once so far but I guess it's worth mentioning.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

426yankee

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with their gmail app? No other app is acting up, however when I try to view my gmail, it says "unable to connect to server, username/password not valid" When I checked the account settings, everything seems to be what it should, however i can't check gmail from phone. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This also may not be a bug but it didn't happen with froyo. When my screen is off, my notification
LED blinks every minute or so. I keep checking for new messages but there are none. Don't know if it is telling me the phone is on or if there is a new message.

Edit: This was fixed with a simple battery pull. I think it was a glitch caused when my phone randomly shut off. When I turned it back on after the shut down, I noticed it. Was about to reset my phone but decided to pull the battery first. I'm glad I did...

Last edited:

george1614

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone keeps rebooting...

Paul, I wiped the phone, but now when it gets to the "verifying update package" step, i get an error that says: "E:failed to verify whole-file signature", "E:signature verification failed". I wanted to redownload the update.zip file, but my computer (running windows 7) won't install the samsung drivers. Thanks for the earlier tip, but I'm still stuck!

I had the same problem trying to connect my phone using an old PC at work, but then used a newer laptop and it loaded the file just fine and had no issues upgrading to GB.

try using a different PC that does recognize your phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with their gmail app? No other app is acting up, however when I try to view my gmail, it says "unable to connect to server, username/password not valid" When I checked the account settings, everything seems to be what it should, however i can't check gmail from phone. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Have you tried going into Settings/Apps/Manage Apps/Gmail and clear cache/data?

See what happens...

Reactions: 426yankee

m_leflore

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I've realized that my connection issues are because the data cord from samsung is garbage. When I connected to my laptop using my Playstation 3 cord, the computer recognized it and I was able to do anything I needed.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I've realized that my connection issues are because the data cord from samsung is garbage. When I connected to my laptop using my Playstation 3 cord, the computer recognized it and I was able to do anything I needed.

Yep... Score yourself a couple of them off Amazon for a dollar or two a piece... I grabbed 3 stock sammy cords and a vehicle charger for like $15... All works great !

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Two Issues only so far.
Both pretty minor.

1: GPS will lock up after about 15 minutes. Both Telenav and Google Nav will just stop tracking and report that there is no GPS available. Restart phone, will work for about another 15 min.

2: Keyboard still skips a couple characters. It is MUCH better than it was previously, and is actually in line with the keyboard fix before. Maybe I'm actually just not pushing some keys hard enough ;)

Background. When THE picture of the EI22 refurb came out, I Odin back to Eclair, let OTA to EC05. Downloaded the manual update from google servers. No errors during/after install. Battery life seems much better so far.

Not sure if I would call number 1 minor bug. If you use your phone's GPS to navigate, it would be pretty bad to have to keep rebooting your phone. I have run into this and the GPS hangs for me more than every 15 minutes. More like every 5 minutes. I have to reboot.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Also, not sure if this is a "bug" or not, but there is no way to turn off the camera shutter sound. Even when the phone is on silent, the camera still makes a sound when you take a picture.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Also, not sure if this is a "bug" or not, but there is no way to turn off the camera shutter sound. Even when the phone is on silent, the camera still makes a sound when you take a picture.

I think it did that with froyo and eclair as well. I have never been able to turn off the shutter sound with any of the android OS's

gyoung345

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing a couple of things.

1. I cannot delete my contacts by going into manage applications and clearing contact storage.
2. My contacts have pictures in gmail as well as when I open the contact, but the contact picture does not appear when looking at my SMS messages or on a phone call.

In the past this is how I would wipe my contacts (I would also wipe my calendar on the phone as well using clear data on my calendar storage). Neither calendar storage nor contacts storage has the ability to clear data any longer.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know in Froyo I didn't have a shutter sound. I don't remember with Eclair.

Not sure about doing it on stock unrooted build but I know it can be easily done by just renaming the shutter sound "ogg" file to ".bak" or a different extension so it isn't recognized by the device anymore.

frostedunit

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Wifi keeps scanning and disconnecting/reconnecting. My laptop and wife's epic (ec05) work fine, as does my phone on ec05 or srf 1.2. I reflashed both to check and it only happens on gb.

Bonus: Handcent seems to be working fine though.

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
On mine, it nearly always fails the first time when moving to the SD card, which has been renamed USB storage. Poke it a second time and most of the time it will go ahead and work.

Why did they change the name from SD card (which is what it is) to USB storage, which it only is when connected to a computer and USB mass storage is selected? It still has the are you sure? Are you really sure? three taps required to turn on USB mass storage.

garapueto

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
On mine, it nearly always fails the first time when moving to the SD card, which has been renamed USB storage. Poke it a second time and most of the time it will go ahead and work.

Why did they change the name from SD card (which is what it is) to USB storage, which it only is when connected to a computer and USB mass storage is selected? It still has the are you sure? Are you really sure? three taps required to turn on USB mass storage.

I'm glad someone else brought this up as it's happening to me, too. It's more annoying than anything else really.

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Since update there is a blue tint that grows from the edge when you reach the end of the scrolling limit, happens in any screen that scrolls, very annoying.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87