SD card problems

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been having a problem lately with my SD card.
When the phone boots up sometimes it fails to recognise the apps installed on the card.
The media scanner stalls at 0% when this happens.
Also I can still access the files on the card through a file explorer.
After messing with it & then letting the phone cool down, it is working now.
But I wanted to know if this was likely the card or the phone?
My first thought was that the card is going out.

I am running SRF 1.1.1 on EC05 modem

BTW: the card is a 16GB stock card 11 months old

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could be the sdcard... Have you tried backing up your stuff to computer and then formatting the sdcard and replacing your stuff.. ?

Reactions: monkey30butt

rushiscool

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I actually had a similiar problem with my Behold 2 (I could do practically nothing with my micro sd). Well all I did was take the micro sd and put it directly into my computer and when it asked to fix/scan it, it fixed the problem (although this worked, like 4 of my pictures were unreconizable). It may take a few trys for your computer to reconize it though.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I actually had a similiar problem with my Behold 2 (I could do practically nothing with my micro sd). Well all I did was take the micro sd and put it directly into my computer and when it asked to fix/scan it, it fixed the problem (although this worked, like 4 of my pictures were unreconizable). It may take a few trys for your computer to reconize it though.

Thanks, this is another option I forget about...

You can connect via mass storage device to computer and then right click on your device drive and select Fix/Scan device for errors (or something to that effect for Windows users).

rushiscool

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, this is another option I forget about...

You can connect via mass storage device to computer and then right click on your device drive and select Fix/Scan device for errors (or something to that effect for Windows users).

Yeah no problem, the only down side to it, is that it took like 40 minutes for my 8gb sd card to work again. But I mean if it works, it works

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
OK guys, I just got through with a scan & fix on the card. I set it to repair bad sectors. I lost over 1 GB of capacity in the process, now have 14.8GB. Not sure what was lost yet but it seems to work for now. Thanks for the advise, not sure why a scan didn't cross my mind.

Given the card lost a portion of the the storage (bad sectors), I think I may pickup a new one to prevent future problems. I found a 16gb class 10 for $28.00 at Frys. Will a class 10 make much difference in your opinion?

SirWise23#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
You know... my phone was doing it all the time. I tried a new card with no luck.

After a few different things I think I found something that triggers the issue. I am seeing the issue happening with my Internal Memory. I have a lot of apps and such. It seems like when my Internal Memory dips under 400 I start having SD card issues. When I remove some apps and bring my Internal memory free space back up, the SD card starts working again with no issues.

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You know... my phone was doing it all the time. I tried a new card with no luck.

After a few different things I think I found something that triggers the issue. I am seeing the issue happening with my Internal Memory. I have a lot of apps and such. It seems like when my Internal Memory dips under 400 I start having SD card issues. When I remove some apps and bring my Internal memory free space back up, the SD card starts working again with no issues.

Thanks....

I had tried the above reccomendation of formatting, it was a temp fix because it started doing it again. I wound up buying a 16GB class 10 & no further problems. BTW it screams now.....:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38