Rotation and screen off animations

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So far I am loving the upgrade to Gingerbread for my Epic 4G. Performance is much better, battery life is better and stability is MUCH improved. GPS is still flaky but I have accepted that short of a fix that requires rooting which I may look into doing in the future. There are a couple things that are missing though...

My brother has the Motorola Photon and when the display rotates there is done smoothly through an animation like the iPhone does it instead of just instantly switching the orientation like the Epic does.

Also, when the display is turned off on the Photon, it has an animation like a CRT monitor being turned off which is a nice little touch and is always neat to see. The screen on the Epic just turns off.

Is there any way to enable these animations with the Epic 4G? I downloaded Spare Parts which allowed me to enable a fancy keyboard transition but that was about it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So far I am loving the upgrade to Gingerbread for my Epic 4G. Performance is much better, battery life is better and stability is MUCH improved. GPS is still flaky but I have accepted that short of a fix that requires rooting which I may look into doing in the future. There are a couple things that are missing though...

My brother has the Motorola Photon and when the display rotates there is done smoothly through an animation like the iPhone does it instead of just instantly switching the orientation like the Epic does.

Also, when the display is turned off on the Photon, it has an animation like a CRT monitor being turned off which is a nice little touch and is always neat to see. The screen on the Epic just turns off.

Is there any way to enable these animations with the Epic 4G? I downloaded Spare Parts which allowed me to enable a fancy keyboard transition but that was about it.

The screen rotation is not changeable.. You have what you have :(

The CRT animation, that is an AOSP feature which can be enabled on custom ROMs. If your friend has it on his Photon then he is running a custom GB ROM on the Photon with this animation enabled because its only available in non rooted form on AOSP device like the Nexus running GB. In other words you need to be rooted and running a custom ROM to get the fancy CRT animation when your screen off happens.

Reactions: strudel#AC

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The screen rotation is not changeable.. You have what you have :(

The CRT animation, that is an AOSP feature which can be enabled on custom ROMs. If your friend has it on his Photon then he is running a custom GB ROM on the Photon with this animation enabled because its only available in non rooted form on AOSP device like the Nexus running GB. In other words you need to be rooted and running a custom ROM to get the fancy CRT animation when your screen off happens.

I keep reading the acronym AOSP. What does it stand for?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38