Sprint let me cancel my contract

coyoteslover

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have called Sprint to about my service and phone so much, they let me out of my contract.

I love the Epic, but hate the service....so I look at Verizons website, the Stratosphere is $99, so I go to my friend who is a ACN rep, their phone was $49.......

Is it possible to be excited about a cell phone and service?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Of course. The thing I wouldn't be excited about is Verizon's monthly costs... haha.

And the fact that as a new Verizon customer, you won't get unlimited data, and 2gb isn't much when it actually comes in at a decent rate (full 3g, not the 1x and slow 3g we are used to.)

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
thats unfortunate. especially now cuz Sprint is getting LTE and improving their 3G network soon. I actually think now is a good time to stay with Sprint. And all that is still unlimited.....at least for now :/

tungsten

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey I just upgrade my phone and went to Verizon ATT to check out options and I can honestly tell you that you have to be crazy to move from Sprint. I have been with Sprint for at least 7 years. The prices are not even close. I can not understand how can someone purchase a smart phone with 2 G of data its just flat out suicidal. My Samsung Galaxy can eat all the data it finds. 2G is just a hors d'oeuvre

coyoteslover

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am in phoenix and get zero bars, had 2 replacement phones, numerous hard resets etc.

I run a business and when you drop calls on clients and prospects, it costs me more money. I am happy to pay a little more to know my service works.

I dont use much in data, except in emails, I use my laptop and wireless card when out and about.

Its all about service....

Reactions: Ezduzit

coyoteslover

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone today....

I have to say the Stratosphere is build MUCH better than the Epic, just the covering feels better, and I will tell you what, it downloads 5 times faster than Sprint did....
The screen is even brighter and sharper, and yes, I held them up side by side and can see a noticable difference.

something are different thou, the USB port is on the bottom, not the top, The slider feels better/stiffer/stronger than the epic. The camera button on the bottom right isnt there
For teh first time ever, I see 5 bars on the signal strength...

My friends I asked said they can hear me more clearly.....

hell, I wished I would have changed A LONG time ago.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have coverage you simply don't have coverage. You must switch.

For people who do have coverage, Sprint is a pretty good deal.

Sent from my hoe. Forgive the typoes; it's an Epic.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Sprint finally kicked me off due to my excessive roaming. I used an Epic. I went straight to Boost (too cheap to pay Verizon's rates) with a ZTE Warp. Interestingly, I get better signal. I have 5 bars where I would have two. 6 bars where I'd have 3-4.

I think the Epic, for all its virtues, has a substandard radio. Either that or the Warp has a really good one.

Speeds are still garbage though.

demopedro

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I get 25% off my bill W/ Sprint...and with the Sling Box app....the unlimited data rocks!!!

BUT.....I hope they do add towers and update their 4G service....I have NO coverage @ home....my 4G dropps all the time! I wish I had the option of a cheaper plan with LESS min of talk time.....

Still...for me...Sprint is the best choice!!!! Guessing it's NOT for everyone....

firefyte01

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Contact Sprint and see if you are eligible for an Airave.. It works with your internet. I had no service at my house, contacted Sprint and they checked my sevice then sent me one. It works great. I have six bars now.

demopedro

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm....I actually bought a used one off eBay....but didn't want to pay for the service.....(My wife still demands we have a land line....so it's not a big deal..) So I have one...

Did sprint cover your service fee's?:cool: Or do you have to pay the $10 a month? :-$(or what ever it is..)

firefyte01

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont pay anything for it. No fees, and no contract with it. Since I did not have service at my house, they shipped it to me free of charge. It is still Sprints property.. so if I decide to leave Sprint, I have to return it to them.

Reactions: demopedro

firefyte01

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
The Airave only has about a 30 to 40 foot range, so place it centrally in the house. Mine is in my living room and works throughout the house. Tell you honestly.. I have my internet set up, to my service coming into my modem, to my Airave, to my wireless router. It actually sped up my wireless router.. I Was skeptical that it did, so I disconnected it from my modem and router and my dl speed for my computer was slower then when the Airave was hooked up. I reconnected the Airave and my dl speedwent back up. I am not sure how but it did it.

TechnoGeezer

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone today....

I have to say the Stratosphere is build MUCH better than the Epic, just the covering feels better, and I will tell you what, it downloads 5 times faster than Sprint did....
The screen is even brighter and sharper, and yes, I held them up side by side and can see a noticable difference.

something are different thou, the USB port is on the bottom, not the top, The slider feels better/stiffer/stronger than the epic. The camera button on the bottom right isnt there

Interesting that you would see a difference in the display because the two phones have the same screen, CPU, memory & cameras (front & rear) according to Engadget review (Dec. 17, 2011). I was just in Phoenix & the reception wasn't great, but not as bad as parts of suburban San Diego (at my brother's just prior). However, download speeds @ a VZN store in SD were 24 Mbps, better than any WiMax 4G I've ever had & better tha I usually get with my WiFi. (YMMV). Speed, cost, reception- all trade-offs.

davidpatrick_12

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The Airave only has about a 30 to 40 foot range, so place it centrally in the house. Mine is in my living room and works throughout the house. Tell you honestly.. I have my internet set up, to my service coming into my modem, to my Airave, to my wireless router. It actually sped up my wireless router.. I Was skeptical that it did, so I disconnected it from my modem and router and my dl speed for my computer was slower then when the Airave was hooked up. I reconnected the Airave and my dl speedwent back up. I am not sure how but it did it.
I have the same situation. Speeds picked up noticably when I connected thru the Airrave. No charge ethier, I call in and complain every time there is any kind of service problem so they have a record of issues on my number.

We were with Verizon when we moved to our current house and their service was way worse. I called them and they offered their airrave ( don't recall the name) but wanted 40 bucks a month for it. We ended up getting out of the contract due to service inaccesability. Shopped around a bit and was able to get the same plan, 1 aircard, 3 phones, for 100 bucks cheaper. Plus Sprint kicked in the Airave for free.

Reactions: firefyte01

Jeff Osborn

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Got my phone today....

That's all good and well, but what are you going to do about being stuck with the Coyotes as your NHL team? Maybe when you switch to AT&T or Verizon, you can also see about switching to the purple and black, so you won't be left black and blue, like you were last playoffs...HA! Ask nicely and then kiss the ring... LA King's BIATCH!!!