Hidden Files on SD Card?

skleckler

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So I've received some pictures messages that I would like to keep on my phone but not show up when changing the wallpaper and such. I noticed when I'm in "My Files" there's an option to "Show hidden files", but I can't find how to make the files hidden. I tried using my PC to hide the files on the SD card but that didn't work either. Can anybody help me out with this? Thanks

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Create a blank .txt file with notepad on your PC, then rename the .txt file to .nomedia and then copy or drag that file to the folder you want to hide. Drop your girl friend's pictures in there with the .nomedia file. You can view these files only by selecting "View hidden files" in your file folder app.

skleckler

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
rando do i have to change the file extension to .nomedia or just rename it? it doesn't seem to be working for me however i'm not sure how to change the extension if that's what i have to do

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
On the PC name it "blank.nomedia" (PC will warn you file might be unstable, but that's ok since you aren't going to use it on your pc). Copy this file to the folder on your sd card. Now open that folder and rename "blank.nomedia" to ".nomedia".

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
here's what i do: i created a folder in the main sdcard area and just preceded the name with a period, for example ".PIX" , and then drop private stuff into this folder. i haven't had to edit the file's name or extension.

when i REALLY need to hide stuff, i use the app Vaulty.

cheers/dom

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
how do I hide apps on my screen. Basically so it looks like a blank spot?

Although this has nothing to do with the OP's question, you'll need to find a new home manager that has this as a feature. There are a few that will let you "hide" apps that you don't want shown in the app drawer, as far as the desktop goes, just hold down and drag it to the trash can that shows up. Won't delete the app, but it takes it off your homescreen, leaving a hole where it once was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varun2310