Kindle Fire Tethering

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Long story short, my epics been rooted for some time now and all i use the rooting for is to run wireless tether app.

Bought a kindle fire thinking it would tether just fine to my phone, and after struggling for awhile i realized it would not.

I am not super up to date on these phones and dont have any roms installed. Is there a easy way to get my fire connected to the wifi tether on my epic?

Phone is

froyo ec05

firmware version 2.2.1

wireless tether version 2.0.6

Thanks

Cody

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you go with one of the newer Gingerbread roms (even the clean gb stock), then you can add the modified hotspot app, that will broadcast as an access point, rather than adhoc. Been a while, but I believe that is also available for froyo if you don't feel like changing too much.

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for being a complete noob, it really don't matter to me which rom or what I have to do. I just want to be able to tether all my devices from this phone. Which so far I've tetherd laptops, desktop, blu ray players, and my xbox 360. The kindle fires the only one that throws a stink. Can somebody give me a eassssyyyy step by step so I can tether the kindle as well?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for being a complete noob, it really don't matter to me which rom or what I have to do. I just want to be able to tether all my devices from this phone. Which so far I've tetherd laptops, desktop, blu ray players, and my xbox 360. The kindle fires the only one that throws a stink. Can somebody give me a eassssyyyy step by step so I can tether the kindle as well?

With each rom that's available, there is a step by step process that is clearly outlined by the rom developer.
Here's a good start: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...cwm-el30-stock-deodexed-gingerbread-el30.html

Or: [ROM] [EL30] [MTD] [BML] CleanGB v1.1.2 (2012/02/13 ) - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38