Led Notifications not working.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I notice in the setting for the epic Notifications. There is an option to check for repeat flashing of led for new notifications.

I had this checked and it does not seem to trigger the led notifications, Also Handcent messaging App also support led notifications.

Any idea why this doesn't work on the epic? Is anyone able to get their led notifications to work?

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
well after un-checking & checking it again it seems to be working now..I hope there will be more colors so we can further customize these.

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i've been having a hell of a time with hancent and the epic... it seems to be all or nothing. either i'm clearing notifications from all over the phone or i can't get a ring tone going. is there a better pop up notification then this?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Everything's working with K-9 mail and the regular messaging app, but it also worked with Handcent and it indeed changed the amount of flashing the led did.

cmenglish

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just wish there was a way to customize the LED notification colors for the Epic, we know it has red and blue LEDS, so there should, at minimum, be three colors to choose from. I've tried Handcent and the LED tests always show up red regardless of the color I've set. This is the last big gripe I have after migrating from my Blackberry. Hopefully someone will write/find an app that gives us LED color control!

Edit: Just tried Blink and it changes the blink speed just find but won't change the color.

Last edited:

sub150#AC

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I get the notification light if my phone is in portrait. However...if I'm texting with the keyboard I don't get a notification light. Kind of sucks because I usually have my phone on silent.

jjthe2

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
For those that have working notifications, can you define working? Is there any blink when the phone is plugged in? Mine only shows a steady red light when charging and steady blue when the battery is full. When unplugged, after a new notification I get five or six blinks in a steady pattern, then pretty much nothing. although sometimes sporadic blinking comes and goes.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
For those that have working notifications, can you define working? Is there any blink when the phone is plugged in? Mine only shows a steady red light when charging and steady blue when the battery is full. When unplugged, after a new notification I get five or six blinks in a steady pattern, then pretty much nothing. although sometimes sporadic blinking comes and goes.

I'm getting the same thing as you. There's got to be some sort of modification for that.

o_swas

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
On my wife's Epic the red LED flashes only 6 times when a text message arrives then stop flashing, same as what you're describing. Isn't there a way to make the LED flash continually until the message is read?

Balzak

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
That would be nice if they could. I'm not always around my phone and it was nice with the Pre to walk by and see if the light was on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95