Anyone else feel

Rderosier86

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That if they going to give us a battery that takes so long to charge they should of included the battery standalone charge like they did with the instinct?

Like honestly speaking is it right that you have to disable so many things to get the distance out of your phone?

Still love it but man this battery sucks and inaccurate readings (shouldn't have to download something for that) here is hoping for a major update to fix that people is already talking about class action suit.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Coming from Pre and Evo, this is the best of the 3! I have 8hours life and I use this constantly from games, to email to calendar, to a few calls. If I stream audio- I plug it in. If I use GPS I plug it in. That's normal to me.

If you're a blackberry convert- don't expect ANY 4"high res screen to equal the battery life of a BB.

Instinct was a glorified feature phone in my opinion. I never knew the battery life on that- but I knew they were trying to put salt in the wound that was apple not having a removable battery and the early version really had some complaints battery wise.

Could I wish for more battery power sure- but did I expect it after the Pre and Evo lifespan? Nope. Class action suit? LOL good luck. I do like that the battery is a standard size used by many phones= cheaper.

Rderosier86

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
i am not filing it just heard around lol, and i get about 5 hours from heavy texting. I'm like a crack feen looking for a charger at times love the phone tho

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Approx how many messages a month are you sending ? (curious what "heaving texting" is) I can't imagine that alone would limit battery to 5hrs.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The pre factory battery life was worse. Sure its not great but I have had worse battery life.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

locationman52

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The pre factory battery life was worse. Sure its not great but I have had worse battery life.

I wish I knew what you're doing to get better battery life out of the Epic than Pre. My Pre was terrible, but I get 2 hours less out of the Epic each work day. Installing ATK helps some but still not fantastic.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I turn haptic off (vibration), my screen is the lowest it can go (I prefer it this way) and I rarely if ever use wifi or 4g. It may seem like I am gimping my epic, but I did the same to the pre.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I can get about six hours without recharging but that's very heavy use.

Haptic feedback and clicky sounds off
Gps off, switch it on as needed
Brightness all the way down, but I switch it to automatic when outdoors
Wifi on if I'm in a weak 3g coverage area
Wif off when not needed

When I say heavy use, I mean very heavy. Six hours is not too bad.

I'm coming from the Pre, a phone that required constant charging. That phone made it necessary to train yourself to plug it in as often as possible, a habit I continue with the Epic.

My Pre used to constantly die midday if I didn't charge it constantly. Gladly, the Epic hasn't left me in the dark yet.

I'm definitely going to grab the spare battery/charging slot from Sprint. Well worth it.

I'm pretty satisfied with the Epic's battery life so far. I bet 2.2 will bring further improvements.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I got mixed feelings here. It does take a very very long time for it to charge. I agree with the whole if your going to make a phone we shouldn't have to shut things off and on to save battery life but it is what it is.
I love the phone Had a blackberry to evo to epic. My phone is used daily two hours tops with no charger and i make it to my car to drive home and charge and then home and charge so its not affecting me that much but i hope there is some kind of update. Im still waiting for froyo that might mess up life even more lolz.

Rderosier86

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Wif off when not needed

I'm coming from the Pre, a phone that required constant charging. That phone made it necessary to train yourself to plug it in as often as possible, a habit I continue with the Epic.

My Pre used to constantly die midday if I didn't charge it constantly. Gladly, the Epic hasn't left me in the dark yet.

I'm definitely going to grab the spare battery/charging slot from Sprint. Well worth it.

I'm pretty satisfied with the Epic's battery life so far. I bet 2.2 will bring further improvements.
ebay it so dirt cheap unless you get a free battery from sprint

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
JuiceDefender

I highly recommended trying out the free JuiceDefender app. I was only getting 6-8 hours between charges with the phone buttoned down. I live in a poor coverage area which doesn't help. Friday night I installed JuiceDefender and I am getting well over 10 hours of moderate use. I suspect it will be even better during the week when I am at work and in a good coverage area most of the day. It was the one thing that made the Epic not Epic and this app seems to fix that. It still allows push email but you do have to be patient for few seconds when waking from sleep to all the data connection.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
99% of the time I'm near a wifi spot. My 4G and wifi are always turned on. My battery lasts all day. The two main culprits that suck juice are the screen (so keep it at the lowest) and repetitive internet access, such as facebook, twitter, qik, frige, etc... Uninstall the apps you really don't use and you'll be more than fine!

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have two epics. I purchased two sets of the two batteries plus wall charger from ebay and it could not have been a better purchase. I don't think its a big deal to carry a small extra battery in my pocket and I never have to cnnect to a charger. The wall charger that comes with the two batteries charges them to 100% unlike the charger included with the phone. I have had no issues using those batteries. I believe they were originally made for the european galaxy s but the are same spec and size and work just fine so far.

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommended trying out the free JuiceDefender app. I was only getting 6-8 hours between charges with the phone buttoned down. I live in a poor coverage area which doesn't help. Friday night I installed JuiceDefender and I am getting well over 10 hours of moderate use. I suspect it will be even better during the week when I am at work and in a good coverage area most of the day. It was the one thing that made the Epic not Epic and this app seems to fix that. It still allows push email but you do have to be patient for few seconds when waking from sleep to all the data connection.
I tried this app three different times and seemed to drain battery worse than before I installed it.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid . . .

I'm afraid of buying 2 batteries plus charger for $10 and put in in a phone I paid $499 retail for.

I did buy that "oem" one for $25 and it says the word Samsung on it (makes me feel safer, even if it's not really from samsung)

Mike

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid of buying 2 batteries plus charger for $10 and put in in a phone I paid $499 retail for.

I did buy that "oem" one for $25 and it says the word Samsung on it (makes me feel safer, even if it's not really from samsung)

Mike

I understand. I was concerned to but I went ahead with it and they work great. I have insurance through sprint. If anything happens I will just say I lost the phone. Yes I will have the deductible to pay but I really think I'm OK. I've been using them since the phone came out with no issues. The ones I got from ebay actually say for samsung i9000 galaxy s.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Wif off when not needed

I work mine pretty hard too. I got an extended battery from seidio for the pre and I'm waiting for the epics to be released. It got me 2.5-4 days depending on how heavy I used it. I am hoping to get the same on the epic with the 3200Mah as its nice for an extended weekend away when I cannot even use a laptop. I cannot explain with words how nice it is when you can go Friday morning to Sunday night power using with the phone as the primary computing device and still have some battery left. If I could at least do that with the epic I would be very happy.