the case of the disappearing media

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
My movies are disappearing from my SD card. I have been loading them via the USB cable - is there a particular folder I should upload them to?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't matter where you put them on the card. When you say disappear do you mean you can't see them when your card is mounted and viewing from your PC?

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
no Cory, I mean gone. all the other stuff is there, pix I uploaded etc but the movies I uploaded got deleted. I had one movie that I was half way through, got to the gym today and it wasnt there, and the two others were gone too. I was using double twist and the link shows up but the data was gone. I have since deleted the app and will use the stock app and see what happens.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That sucks. I've never seen that before. Is it just media files? If it still does it after removing DoubleTwist, maybe you're card is bad.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
bad card

hard to figure since the issue was movies only and it happened twice. Will report when I learn something.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
... If it still does it after removing DoubleTwist, maybe you're card is bad.

But if the card is bad, the files would not disappear but rather produce an error (or crash the card/phone) when played do to data corruption. And data card damage is highly unlikely to selectively affect just the media files and not others I would think.

My money would be on an app causing the issue.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
okay so I deleted doubletwist and the card seemed fine so I re-installed it and again, I lost my media, even after creating a file and putting the films in the file. since everything else is completely intact, I believe it must be a setting within the app that causes the problem and will contact doubletwist and see what they have to say.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
it is the stock 16 GB, and everything is intact except the movies I downloaded into its own file titled 'films' - they are gone, that file is empty. I think that I just don't like doubletwist- I dont sync through WMV or iTunes so it is worthless to me- they want me to sync via either of those two apps and its just too much of a pain. there is nothing wrong with the card. Can someone
recommend a good media player for Galaxy S please?

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure they are gone? Is Doubletwist perhaps moving them in an attempt to organize your collection?

I have (DRM Ffee) movies I copied myself to a folder I call "Movies" and have Doubletwist installed, however it is not deleting them (nor is it trying to organize them).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno