battery won't go into sleep mode (battery drain related)

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
alright everyone.

Many of us have experienced some battery life fall out since the last update. I mentioned this in the battery life thread but I thought it deserved it own topic

I have an app that I downloaded called battery status.

it has a battery history. and it says time without sleeping 7h 10m 25s ago.

Thats exactally when I unplugged my phone. This explains why I am seeing 2-3% per hour loss while not using the phone and while in airplane mode. Before the update I could keep the phone in airplane mode, not usre it, and leave work with over 94% battery life. So this proves that somehow the phone is not going into sleep mode... I can guarantee that everyone else in that is experiencing battery drain since the sept 16th update is due to this reason.

The question is... why the hell is this happening and why won't the phone go into sleep mode?

any ideas?

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest not to run applications like battery status that constantly run in the background checking your battery and causing it to drain faster.

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest not to run applications like battery status that constantly run in the background checking your battery and causing it to drain faster.

Hmmm... Surprisingly not the most helpful suggestion...

Seeing as how every time my phone SHOULD be going back to sleep it's instead re-activating Sprint Hotspot, MediaHub, and the Amazon MP3 app, my vote goes to one of (or some combo of) those three.

Didn't the update activate the MediaHub as well as make some changes to the hotspot app?

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I was using this application before the sept 16th update and it was fine... its the fact that the phone isn't going into sleep mode that thats problem.

freeze

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... Surprisingly not the most helpful suggestion...

Seeing as how every time my phone SHOULD be going back to sleep it's instead re-activating Sprint Hotspot, MediaHub, and the Amazon MP3 app, my vote goes to one of (or some combo of) those three.

Didn't the update activate the MediaHub as well as make some changes to the hotspot app?

According to their webpage, here are the DI07 changes:

• Optimized, HotSpot in 3G idle mode to help conserve battery power
  • Optimized, Applied Qualcomm patch for performance enhancement
  • Added, Media Hub
  • Modified, WiMAX exit delay
  • Modified, UI "Noisey" One to "Noisy One"
  • Fixed, 32GB mSD card is not recongized when formatted in device
  • Fixed, When playing video, the playback is paused if a headset is connected/disconnected
  • Fixed, Sorry popup when DRM file is selected in the Gallery
  • Fixed, Hotspot registration/deregistration

brendan11

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Any Suggestions?

Im pretty sure this should be posted here, but im kinda new.

So my cousin and i have EVOs and both love them, he left the iphone. Both are the exact same hardware version and everything.
One problem his battery life is horrible compared to mine. we have almost the same apps and everything.

Both are running advanced task killer (Dont smash us for that, i have set them up correctly and it helps) all settings are the same but under the battery section in about phone his says his up time is like 50+ hours as well as his awake time and mine is always less than around 20. i have tried different things and cannot seem to figure it out

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Battery drain issues have been discussed with many solutions. Since you are new, try doing search.

But a quick fix would be - toggle airplane mode off and on, this resets radios.
Then go to Menu-Settings-Applications-Running Services. Close Media Hub, DRM. These are killers.

Another setting that I switch is Wifi - Advanced Setting - Never

These have done wonders for me.

So use search and remember to Thank those that help you:)

brendan11

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Alright i will search. i have already read the taskiller thread and thats how i have mine set up.

By the way i thought i was in an EVO thread not and Epic thread somehow i got moved when i clicked on the related threaed lol sorry

gitit20

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Well for your info i had the same prob turns out the radio would not go in to low power mode because a hardware defect take your epic back and get a new one the swap is painless with an app called My Back Up pro I am not saying with 100% that's whats wrong with yours but sounds like the same prob i had... good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87