Epic Keeps Crashing

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,
My Epic keeps crashing. I need to do a battery pull for it to restart. I don't know what's causing this, but I was just wondering if anyone might.

I'm ordering a replacement tomorrow, but I'm interested to know if anyone else has had this issue before?

I can't see any usage pattern that triggers the crash. I'm running ATK, but I haven't changed any settings and I just started seeing these 'crashes' two days ago. The frequency of the crashes has skyrocketed since then. I've seen 6 crashes in the past 3 hours. I've also just recently purchased WidgetLocker, and I started seeing crashes after I started using it, but it isn't running now and the phone still crashes. Any insight?

dmlee

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It also won't crash while I'm using it, only when the screen is off. But if I have music playing with the screen off it won't shut down.

EDIT:fixed typos.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
uninstall ATK, you don't need it as TW has a task manager built in. Also check running services for anything that shouldn't be running.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is your ATK running on high or low security?

It could be a 3rd part program. I know when I use slacker bluetooth will stop working and when I quit the program the entire phone reboots the signals and sd card. It's really bothering me. I may switch to pandora and see how that works out for me. I have slacker pro for now though.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My Epic was doing the same thing. It started happening after I purchased and enabled WidgetLocker as well. Although it is a good app and I loved, I had to disable it because I believe it has stability issues. After reading your post I am even more convinced that is the case.