Messaging settings - how to differentiate messages better/color settings??

HouseDJ28#AC

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I searched the forums and so far haven't seen anyone address this issue. The Epic's text messages are very difficult to read. What I mean by that is that messages that I send and messages that I receive are in the same font/color. Mine have a black background and the ones sent to me have a dark grey background.

When reading a text conversation thread, it's very difficult to differentiate between what I am saying and what my friends are saying back to me. I've seen plenty of other phones what will stagger the conversation threads or use different color background behind the fonts ala the iPhone or even the Pre from which I came.

Is there any way to change the settings so the conversation threads are distinguished more and not looking so similar? Would an app be the only way to change this?

HouseDJ28#AC

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Already downloaded chompSMS and am playing around with it. This is exactly what I was looking for. I may try handcent too. I appreciate the help.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Handcent allows you to customize each contacts individual Message settings.

You can change the message bubble, font, notification icon, notification sound and even background for each contact.

Handcent is a feature rich messaging App.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Handcent allows you to customize each contacts individual Message settings.

You can change the message bubble, font, notification icon, notification sound and even background for each contact.

Handcent is a feature rich messaging App.

So feature rich that I was overwhelmed at first... bubble notifications, pop-up windows, text and window customization, etc, etc, etc... the list of features go on and on! It takes a bit of getting used to (it did for me anyway), but I definitely will cosign on the fact that it's awesome!

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
did either handcent or chomp fix the issues of double indications for messages? i deleted both cause i was tired of clearing notifications all the time

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
did either handcent or chomp fix the issues of double indications for messages? i deleted both cause i was tired of clearing notifications all the time
How to make handcent sms default sms software?
If you install Handcent then compose a text message you will be asked which to use " complete action using"" popup and there is a box to check to "use by default for this action".. 1st check the box use default.. then select handcent. Once Handcent is your default IM App you will receive Handcent notifications and alerts..

Another useful tool is go into the stock messaging app and disable notifications for it.. Problem solved no more duplicate notifcations.

My most contacted Contacts each have their own customized notification icon color.. and custom notification sound ( i have an excellent selection of notification sounds and ring tones ( R2D2 sounds, Back to the future theme song, Indiana Jones, & mission impossible) and once a conversation is opened with my favorite contacts I have custom message window backgrounds, bubble colors ( you can tweak the color right down to specific RGB values & opacity..) If The Epic supported multiple Led colors you could even customize Led color notifications tooo, the best IM App I have ever used. Easy to customize and very useful.

In Fact Handcent app is what made me go form using TouchWiz UI to LauncherPro so i could dock a Handcent shortcut and not have to look at or use the limited stock IM app.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non