Disable Battery Popup?

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
With my phone it leaves the screen on all night..doesn't turn off by itself.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Yeah, mine stays on all night too. This is when it's in the samsung dock. I have my screen timeout set to 2 minutes, and keyboard timeout to "same as screen", but when this message pops up, it stays on way longer than 2 minutes.

I found this out first time it happened. It made its noise and turned on and woke me in the middle of the night, and i rolled over and was like "eh, should turn off in a minute or two."

I have a terrible problem with being unable to sleep while there's too much light, which for me this pop up does, create too much light. So i sat there and watched it for well over 15 minutes and it never turned off. Finally i got up and shut it off manually.

The next day, i verified my screen time out at 2 minutes, and turned it on and let it sit till it timed out, and had no problems. I don't know if it's just when its charging on the dock when it stays on and won't time out, but i do know for sure that it won't for me, which is beyond irritating.

tl;dr - plz to be finding out permanent fix! :(

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't seem to have this problem. I use it for my alarm as well. My phone never makes a sound and the light doesn't come on. I don't even see the battery popup until I unlock the screen... The alarm disable/snooze popup is the only thing I see when I wake up.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you check in menu>settings>applications>devolopment and see if the stay awake box is unchecked. If it is checked the phone screen will stay on when plugged in

rweiss

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Is there any way to get rid of that stupid as hell message saying battery full please unplug? It makes noise half the darn night when I am sleeping and it makes me want to throw it out a window lol. If I don't my wife will! I have searched and searched and not found anything for the epic.

This thread has been quiet for quite a while, but the problem is one that I would really like to see solved easily. I've been searching the forums but have not found an easy solution. There is one posted for the Fascinate that involves enabling secret menus and then entering a code, but I'm hesitant to try that unless there is evidence that it works on the Epic. Seems like there could be a simple app that disabled this pop-up. Otherwise, using my phone as a bedside alarm clock means I have a noise and light popup in the middle of the night. If there is a solution out there I have missed, I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf