Lookout Mobile Security and battery drain?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone experienced higher battery drain after installing this app and letting I run in the background. Also, it needs a location source for the "find your lost phone" function, so would enabling "Use wireless networks" in the location services menu cause higher battery drain also?

durhamite

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I installed lookout today and today I got 21 hours with moderate use. I am also using juice defender. I don't see lookout as a battery drainer

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone experienced higher battery drain after installing this app and letting I run in the background. Also, it needs a location source for the "find your lost phone" function, so would enabling "Use wireless networks" in the location services menu cause higher battery drain also?

I've had no noticeable drain from it. Check the backup settings to make sure it's not trying to backup when you don't have a strong signal. Also I would recommend unchecking "backup photos" if you have it checked.

chenDawg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't really see how it could be a drain.

Besides the periodic backups, it doesn't really do anything unless you install an app or use the Find My Phone feature.

Nicole Wheatley1

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes! My battery is going out very quickly just today. I've had Lookout for several weeks without a problem. But, since my phone battery has been going down so quickly today I went to check the battery usage app. It said Lookout was responsible 64% of my battery usage. To put things in perspective, my screen was using 3% and usually the screen is the largest culprit.
I don't know what/why/how, but something with Lookout is going on, and its eating my battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty