Epic is Cnet's #1 ranked Android phone

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought it lost in the Prizefight against the EVO? I could be wrong.

Yes it did lose to the Evo and I believe it also lost to the T-mobile G2,

I believe the Top Android list was a combination of Editor scores And user scores.

based on Editor only feedback the Epic loses to the Evo and G2.

I place more value in the real world user rankings as users are dealing with the phones with day to day issues, pushing the phones to their limits, installing apps running various media ect..

the editors get a brief experience with the devices and have very little time with each individual device. Often their reviews are based on Firts look impressions.

IMHO the Epic is deserving of Top Android phone and top smart phone ( PC World 2010) once it gets Froyo it will rock even more.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
There's a LOT of bugs in the Samsung Android experience unfortunately... That said- It's still my favorite phone ever.

#1 The 4" SAMOLED screen- not too big, not too small- and OOOO the color!

#2 Form Factor (great size ratio) & looks (love the disappearing capacitive buttons)

#3 A large keyboard. (Tried to like the G2 keyboard- no thanks) still wish for more space BETWEEN the keys on the Epic- and domed keys are usually better for speed than flat- they definitely made some odd choices - but it still works for me better than any other ANDROID keyboard...

#4 Camera software. Panorama feature alone is amazing.

#5 DLNA with my PS3 makes viewing photos on my 50" plasma a breeze! Still wish sprint didn't remove the regular corded AV out so I could use my phone as a mini laptop hooked up to any size monitor though.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Even though I have a Droid 2, I can see how someone could tout the Epic as the best Android device. It seems to have everything. It may be the closest phone to perfect that's out on the market now.