Status
Not open for further replies.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

c0ldburn3r

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt we will get Gingerbread before Froyo. That being said I'm stoked we will get it Ginger. So far the custom rom's out there based on Froyo 2.2 and soon 2.2.1 will still kick the official release in the teeth in the performance area. Personally have been running a few different builds from DG and they are insanely fast. What the Galaxy S series should be like. When 2.3 does become available, i'm sure the customs of that will be even better. I would say that if we don't see 2.2.1 by next week, we won't see it till Jan. Carriers need their phones "stable" during the most busy season of the year.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm LOVING my Epic, and am really positive on Galaxy S, but come on guys. This IS Samsung we're talking about. I SERIOUSLY doubt that 2.3 will be on our phones instead of 2.2.1, especially considering the state that the Froyo update is currently in.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but I'd just be happy to EVENTUALLY get a 2.3 update.

I'd be even HAPPIER to get an official 2.2 update... Like tomorrow...

I'd be happy sticking with 2.1 after the horrible experience I had upgrading to 2.2.1 --

The leaked Froyo release was buggy and completely unusable. I used Odin to go back to 2.1 -- and I'd advise anyone who's having problems with the leaked Froyo update to do the same and stick with official OTA updates.

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the Gingerbread launcher, and wasn't impressed. Now the make things worse, I cant seems to uninstall. I deleted from the Market but it's still running on my device. No option to delete in Manage Apps, Any help pls.

okiedokieiguess

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Another point that people overlooked so far is the fact that Nexus S (the first phone with 2.3) has almost identical spec to Galaxy S phones, notably same Hummingbird 1ghz CPU.

I think this is significant.

I agree definitely!
If you think about it from a marketing standpoint it doesn't make much sense for them to release an update that would take away from their own sales.
They will most likely get a gingerbread update for the Galaxy S series because it is so popular and every carrier has one where as not every carrier has a Nexus. But the update will definitely not come out until after at least the first month of Nexus sales.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Will Gingerbread be coming soon to the Epic 4G?

If Samsung brought Gingerbread to Epic 4G within the next two months i would forgive them of all of their past faults. When do YOU thing Gingerbread is coming?

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
from sprint? never. from the developers here at androidcentral??? within a month or two we'll prob see rooted copies built from sourcecode from the nexus phones with the update on them. the devs here actually CARE about the people using their software

Reactions: mortonkd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non