So...How bout that Froyo

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
any day now would be great. "near future" was four months ago when they said that, then about two weeks ago when it was leaked, they also said we would be getting it in the "near future". so does that mean next year? the year after that?

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
any day now would be great. "near future" was four months ago when they said that, then about two weeks ago when it was leaked, they also said we would be getting it in the "near future". so does that mean next year? the year after that?

Near future is a reference to time, and according to Steven Hawkins (A Brief History of Time), it can be argued that the measurement of time is not constant, but rather subjective based on the distance between objects. The farther away objects are, time may be measured on a slower scale. The slower time moves, then the longer it may seems for someone with a different perspective (location). Therefore, since we are here and they are there, "near future" in this scenario likely doesn't mean squat. :confused:

(I likely butchered that shorthand explaination, but it's been a while since I read it! :p )

awesomo4308

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Considering how buggy the build was 2 weeks ago I'd assume they're still fixing things, and from what I experienced the changes aren't at all worth a single point of decreased performance.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Near future is a reference to time, and according to Steven Hawkins (A Brief History of Time), it can be argued that the measurement of time is not constant, but rather subjective based on the distance between objects. The farther away objects are, time may be measured on a slower scale. The slower time moves, then the longer it may seems for someone with a different perspective (location). Therefore, since we are here and they are there, "near future" in this scenario likely doesn't mean squat. :confused:

(I likely butchered that shorthand explaination, but it's been a while since I read it! :p )

Genius response.

scheets973

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
What is froyo going to do for us?

I get mad at fancy widgets because the damn clock does not update and I need to manually referesh. What is the point?

BBooDad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I liked trying the DK Froyo build from 2 wks ago due to more colorful and the Apps To SD capability. Eclair (2.1) seems like a class project or beta, with the monochrome settings and messages, etc. Froyo actually gets up to 2010 interface expectations I think.

But I went back to 2.1 because of the things that 2.2 broke, such as Bluetooth car kit, freeze-ups, etc.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I liked trying the DK Froyo build from 2 wks ago due to more colorful and the Apps To SD capability. Eclair (2.1) seems like a class project or beta, with the monochrome settings and messages, etc. Froyo actually gets up to 2010 interface expectations I think.

But I went back to 2.1 because of the things that 2.2 broke, such as Bluetooth car kit, freeze-ups, etc.

Haha, and "2010 interface." You make it sound like the look & feel of the Android interface feels like it's a year behind, which is probably true.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I hope the Froyo update comes out soon.

Between Sprint and Samsung, there has not been much communication. When you ask Sprint about the udpate, they just say that they are working on it and can't communicate a date when it will be available. They go on to say that by subscribing to the blog on the forums, you will be notified once it becomes available.

Samsung basically says that they have no information to provide regarding the update and that once it's released, it will on their downloads page.

There must be a reason why so many Epic users are installing an unofficial test version. It would seem like some information would be better than no information.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Haha, and "2010 interface." You make it sound like the look & feel of the Android interface feels like it's a year behind, which is probably true.

I personally think that android needs some MAJOR user interface work. MAJOR. At this point in technology lifetime, android should look more polished than it does. Right now, it just looks like a bunch of menus put together with little organization. Not to mention that it needs to look better. Like iOS or WebOS. Those two systems look polished. All the little animations,.the way the menus are organized, the manner in which one interacts with the system is just a lot more entertaining. I enjoy it. Android should have that. I'm hoping that by version 3.0, Mattias Duarte has had some serious control of UI in android. He will do wonders if given the ability. Espcially with the HORRIBLE multitasking interface on android.

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I personally think that android needs some MAJOR user interface work. MAJOR. At this point in technology lifetime, android should look more polished than it does. Right now, it just looks like a bunch of menus put together with little organization. Not to mention that it needs to look better. Like iOS or WebOS. Those two systems look polished. All the little animations,.the way the menus are organized, the manner in which one interacts with the system is just a lot more entertaining. I enjoy it. Android should have that. I'm hoping that by version 3.0, Mattias Duarte has had some serious control of UI in android. He will do wonders if given the ability. Espcially with the HORRIBLE multitasking interface on android.

^^^ agree.... A more refined UI (klike what they did with the gallery) and hardware accelerated OS would really stab the dagger in the heart of all opposed

BTW my girlfriends Intercept got the official froyo update... cant help to chuckle a bit for epic owners

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
^^^ agree.... A more refined UI (klike what they did with the gallery) and hardware accelerated OS would really stab the dagger in the heart of all opposed

BTW my girlfriends Intercept got the official froyo update... cant help to chuckle a bit for epic owners

I think once we see Hardwar Acceleration added it's really going to open the floodgates in terms of UI goes. I think we're going to see some really amazing things with Android once that happens.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

I feel the issues with the UI is saved by launcher options such as HTC Sense, Samsung Touchwiz and the options in the market like LauncherPro.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
never mind Froyo

Froyo is buggy and we've waited way too long. Bring on the Gingerbread- a perfect tasty treat for the holiday season. I was warned before I bought my phone that Samsung would lag behind with updates and I'm afraid that has proven to be true. Still. the phone rocks and I can't wait to port apps to to the SD card so I can play MMORGs. Please bring it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun