Froyo messed up my phone

srma0105

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I installed the leaked Froyo update on my Epic 4G. Now when I close the keyboard and some applications it takes several seconds for my icons to reappear and I get more crashes than I did before.. I'd go back to 2.1 but I have no idea how...

schnergun

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
i switched back after installing the leaked version. While the leaked version was pretty sweet, it wasnt worth all the hassle! I used odin to switch back and it was super easy.

bri637

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Although I liked a bunch of the upgrades the leaked version of Froyo brought, I had to switch back to 2.1 using Odin because of too many bugs, glitches, etc. However, I had the problem with the screen not auto-rotating so I had to root the phone and follow some steps on how to recalibrate the screen. Still patiently waiting for official Froyo.

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I originally installed the leaked 2.2, and returned to stock because of slow response, and no GPS. After a couple of member post about the new modem driver, and another .pit file. I gave it a try, and then ran the update.zip again. I have been running this for about 3 weeks now, and I have not have any issues. The GPS works, the screen refreshes just as with 2.1, plus the battery last a little longer :). I also installed it on a co-workers epic, and no problems there either.

chrisgianti

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Epic update froyo messed up my phone, too

Here are all the ways this update JACKED UP my phone. I hate Samsung.

SOFTWARE GLITCH ISSUES

All these problems happened in conjunction with the update. When the phone is using old software (I have Sprint reinstall it), I have no issues.

Phone no longer mounts to computer for file transfer. I have successfully installed the drivers over in my computer. It never works.

When browsing internet sometimes have to click a link repeatedly before it goes to the link. 3, 4, 5, 6 times.

Browser crashes at least once every other day. Unpredictable when .

Phone has overheated on me twice (couldn’t charge). It never overheated before

Slower loading home screen. Slower in general and lags. 30% slower.

Web page rendering with scrolling & zoom is glitchy & messes up quite a bit.

Phone auto rotates (in the phone menu) even though I specify not to.

Message notification doesn't always sound ... doesn’t sound correctly sometimes. Is cut off.

Call ring tone malfunctions sometimes.

Vibration occurs when phone turns off & when apps crash. Vibration is turned off.

Email (like with live mail) takes much longer to load. Initial software worked fine with live mail. New software does not delete emails like it did before update. Yes I specify delete from server.

Intermittent problem that is often: hit messages soft key & it takes me into some random application.

Screen unlock pattern malfunctions, have to hit home button repeatedly to clear whatever is messing it up. Then I can enter my pattern.

Apps that I never had an issue with crashing are now crashing and doing force closes.

USABILITY ISSUES

(I don’t know what Samsung was thinking…do they use their own software???!!!)

WORST: No longer have log of all calls. No option to see all calls. I NEED to be able to see all calls. I use this phone for calls and business. I don’t want to see a log of ALL MESSAGES + CALLS. This is a horrible change. I have to scroll through a tons of messages to find phone calls?! PLEASE CHANGE THIS BACK. There’s no option to see ALL calls. This is awful. I’m considering turning off messaging just so I can avoid this crap.

No option to see all message threads. Have to keep hitting back to get to home screen then hit messages until all message threads are displayed.

Turning vibration on is a pain in the ass. Would just like to have vibration as the lowest before all sounds off.

Every single time I add an app I have to re order the list alphabetically and save. Should be alphabetical by default & with option to reorder.

Do not like new message format.

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
No thanks... Bricked 1 tablet and 1 epic with odin.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

how did you manage that??? ...oh, were you getting that screen turning into some solid color thing?

edit. if that is the case just use odin to flash dk28 modem first, then flash the DI18 and you are back to stock eclair.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
how did you manage that??? ...oh, were you getting that screen turning into some solid color thing?

edit. if that is the case just use odin to flash dk28 modem first, then flash the DI18 and you are back to stock eclair.

Bricked the epic trying to odin back to eclair.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun