Sprint drops price $50

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Kind of a shame, the Epic has great hardware. But like most suspected, Samsung dropped the ball on software updates and glitches.

deferom

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I hadn't noticed. Thanks for doing that right after I bought an EVO, Sprint. Thanks a lot.

When I went to check it out, I noticed that the Epic has been dethroned. It's no longer on the top of the store. Actually, it's almost at the bottom now.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, bet they still haven't a clue as to a release date on official 2.2 either. If it wasn't for that leaked version of froyo, I would've returned this Epic. Way to go Samsung... Waaaay to go.

Sent from my Epic 4G

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow, It's a shame how they treat the Epic. Now its all about the EVO and the EVO Shift right about now. Hehe.

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
+1

I played with this in the Sprint store and compared it with my Evo. Kinda hard going down to a smaller screen even if the difference is minimal. It does have awesome screen quality and is very snappy out if the box without all the tweaks.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk Pro

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
+1

I played with this in the Sprint store and compared it with my Evo. Kinda hard going down to a smaller screen even if the difference is minimal. It does have awesome screen quality and is very snappy out if the box without all the tweaks.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk Pro

Yea. I actually want a bigger screen.

willmsbrg

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This does not surprise me in the least... I posted this on December 1st over on the sprint forum and it appears to be coming true...

135. Dec 1, 2010 Posted in response to: CARRASQUILLO57
Re: android 2.2 updateabdroid

My guess is as new android devices continue to come along with 2.2 already installed, this device will be slipped to the back burner and not see an update at all.......... Case in point:

I received my email from sprint, the "Were not happy till your happy" checkup email... Well, just try to find the EPIC listed on those web pages that come up. NOT THERE............ Try to update from the My account page or even look for an update from the link "check for updates" , NOT THERE.... the only way it shows if if you go to support for devices then choose Samsung....

For what is called a "Flagship" Device, the EVO gets more attention. Perhaps I chose the wrong device.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
All phones go down in price, especially with the huge parade of phone to come (hopefully). So I am hoping the price reduction means they are planning on adding something better later and really need to reduce stock.. I have two upgrades coming up, but this will however be my first and last Samsung phone (unless they can prove they have learned from their mistakes). Too much of a rollercoaster ride for me... Yay it works... Sigh it doesn't... Yay it almost works... Sigh it doesn't... yay...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer