Best way to close browser

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
what is the best way to close the browser? I usually just kill it with the samsung task killer. Hitting the back button through all the websites I've visited is annoying. So is using the task killer though because it lags for a second when the browser is open.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I just hit the menu in the browser and minus out the open windows until I'm left with just the homescreen and then hit the home or return key.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
ive been informed time and time again......that with these new versions of android, you dont need a task killer......i used one when i first got my EVO and it wasted my battery and shut things down that i didnt want to.........i dont even use one and i get 2 days of battery life with moderate use......i wouldnt even use one....just kill it with the one that came of your device....u should be good to go......thats my thought though,,,,anyone else????????????

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
2 days what! In lucky with 2 hours on heavy text and email.

I use the built in killer. But is rather not use it. I only use it for the browser.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Put the built in Widget called Program Monitor on one of your screens, then you can check and see if any programs are still running and kill them with the built in Task Manager.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin HD is the way to go. I don't see how anyone can't like it.

For your problem, from anywhere in the browser a good press and 1 second hold brings up the option to exit. Easy as that.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
what is the best way to close the browser? I usually just kill it with the samsung task killer. Hitting the back button through all the websites I've visited is annoying. So is using the task killer though because it lags for a second when the browser is open.

Just hold down the back button a little longer until a popup menu appears, this will give you different ways to close the browser - this is the same if you use the stock browser or dolphin, and I believe skyfire and any other browser. Then if you open up the browser again, it will open fresh page to whatever is your home page.

With that being said if I want to leave the browser open and go to another program than I just hit the home button and choose a program or hold the home button longer until the task manager box appears and simply choose an existing opened program.