Tethering on Froyo

Thrack

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have the Froyo update I've tried both USB and wifi hotspot tethering (3G only, I can't get 4G at my house) and they both give the same "Error 67: Registration Failure." message and then quit. Looks like Sprint has shut down all tethering in Froyo unless you pay the extra fee.
I've also noticed that the portable hotspot option (seen here) is missing from the Tethering option in the Wireless and Networks settings and any shortcuts/widgets that toggle the hotspot run the Sprint Hotspot app.
I know that some people were expecting limited tethering without the extra contract since it's a feature of Froyo but looks like we're out of luck, at least on the stock Rom.

g24cjm

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to Froyo today as well...you know what it did? It cut my internet speed in HALF when I'm tethering (I pay for the service btw). I used to get 4kps when I tethered, now I'm lucky to hit 2Kps...WTF?!?

Complexity

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i did the manual update and one click root yesterday - just installed the free wireless tether app from the market and it's working like a charm!

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I had done the one click root method way back when and installed wireless tether and it worked fine prior to froyo. i see i still have superuser capabilities but when i click on wireless tether now it says it can't connect. should i try uninstalling it and downloading again from the market?

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
well i uninstalled wireless tether and downloaded it from the market. now i get an error saying unable to start, is my phone rooted?

also, i no longer see wireless tether listed as an app in the superuser app. is there a way/how do i get it back there?