Is there a better media player then the stock media player?

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok so i finally decided to load some music onto my sd card. I open up the stock Media player (syndicateromfrozen 1.1.0 ec05 froyo) and it finds the albums and plays them well, but i cant for the life of me figure out how to stop the damn thing. There is no stop button and no exit button, so how do i shut the music player app down? I think it might be a samsung app i am not sure, it is a pink disc with a music note next to it.

Thanks guys.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded music player. I know I know, fancy name right. It has a very nice small widget that includes album art along with the standard play/pause, skip and yes, even the elusive stop button. Check it out. Hope I helped.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Then you'll have to use your Task Manager to end its process. Probably not something you should worry much about though - when not in use it shouldn't take up much memory at all.

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Then you'll have to use your Task Manager to end its process. Probably not something you should worry much about though - when not in use it shouldn't take up much memory at all.

is there any additional drain on the battery when not in use and running in the background.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Possibly if you were on Eclair, but Froyo manages background apps very well. It will not drain your battery to have the music player idle in the background.

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for PowerAMP. I've tried 6 or 7 different music players (DoubleTwist, Music Player, Cube, Winamp, MixZing, Miui, and a few other ones I can't think of right now), and PowerAMP has the best feature set and customizability in my opinion. I'm a fan of its widget, lock screen controls, and queueing feature, but I know different people want different things out of their music players, so it might not be the right one for you.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Power Amp is cool feature packed, The Froyo Music player is nice too with the disk view cover flow effect, as far as UI and ease of use,
I prefer Meridian, swipe features to advance through , ffwd or rwnd.. cool widget. album art search..

As mentioned it is all a matter of preference.
I like Power Amp features did not like the small buttons or UI

useport80

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
another +1 for PowerAMP. simply the best one so far. i've tried pretty much every single one available, and i ended up purchasing poweramp. one of my favorite apps :)

go poweramp!

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's my nostalgia for the mid-90s, but I use Winamp. I've never had a problem with it. It has a nice interface as well and can be used (basic functions) when the screen is locked.

tnuts

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
i'm using cubed (it's listed under the math symbol, the little 3), and i love it. it's free, great player, good lock screen controls and widget, awesome at finding album art. i tried a bunch before i settled on it and it's the best i've used

Jao36

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Power amp all the way!!! Not only is it feature packed its the best sounding player I've tried.

Power amp + voodoo sound + a good pair of ear buds = excellent sound.

tnuts

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
recently rooted my phone and tried power amp and voodoo control. by far the best player i have used. forget cubed, power amp is well worth the purchase