Why is my podcast app staying on in the notification bar?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In Settings>Notifications>App settings, I've set it to turn off all notifications for Player FM, a podcast app.
In Settings>Sound& vibration>Media, "Pin Media Player" is turned off.
I've gone into every setting I can think of in the app, and all notifications are turned off in there as well.

But in Settings>Notifications>Notification history, it says Player FM has sent me 7 notifications in the last 24 hours.

And when I close the app, later on I realize the thing is still open in the notification bar, and I'm annoyed by this because it seems like it's probably using up my battery. I just want it to close like a normal app, which it used to do before the most recent Android system update.

How do I make it stop showing up in my notification bar?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you actually checked your battery stats to see if that app really is using battery while it's in the background? Chances are that it's not.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a similar thing with Pocket Casts. The playback notification doesn't go away when the [podcast finishes anymore.

I'm pretty sure this is due to the way Android now handles media playback, and there's nothing we can do.

Wouldn't worry too much about battery use though.