Phone, contacts, messaging icons gone

supejohnb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The other day I my phone froze for a minute when I received an incoming text and when it unfroze, the only icon left at the bottom was the app icon. Anyone know what this is all about?

dabomb408

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
it seems your launcher crashed. do u have launcher pro or touchwiz? or are u rooted? try going into your apps, pressing the menu button and click edit, then drag the icons u are missing on to the bottom menu

tnuts

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
The other day I my phone froze for a minute when I received an incoming text and when it unfroze, the only icon left at the bottom was the app icon. Anyone know what this is all about?

yea, kinda need some more info to tell for sure what the problem is (stock vs rooted, what rom, what launcher, ect). you can try a simple reboot, or possibly a restore if you have backup saved. like dabomb said, you can always just drag the icons back to the home screen if all else fails

supejohnb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Stock with Twiz. I thought those were static icons that couldn't be changed in tw. The only icon that is still there is the apo menu icon. Is there an update I don't know about?

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Stock with Twiz. I thought those were static icons that couldn't be changed in tw. The only icon that is still there is the apo menu icon. Is there an update I don't know about?

Apparently, your Epic had a brain fart. Those dock bar icons in TouchWiz can be changed in Froyo, except for the app drawer icon. Open the app drawer, then the Menu button, then hit Edit. You can put those 3 default icons back, or any other icon from the app drawer in the dock bar.....

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Had this exact problem the other day. Only difference was that the phone locked on start up. I just factory reset the phone and re-loaded everything from back up. I was G2G after that! Running Stock Twiz.

quitob1#AC

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, your Epic had a brain fart. Those dock bar icons in TouchWiz can be changed in Froyo, except for the app drawer icon. Open the app drawer, then the Menu button, then hit Edit. You can put those 3 default icons back, or any other icon from the app drawer in the dock bar.....

Thanks! Your tip helped me solve this same problem. I had no idea these were editable, and glad I now know.

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Wow that's freaking cool I had no clue.

Reactions: cyberprashant

ewsteen

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
it seems your launcher crashed. do u have launcher pro or touchwiz? or are u rooted? try going into your apps, pressing the menu button and click edit, then drag the icons u are missing on to the bottom menu
I've been frigging around with this for days, and it was just that simple
thanks so much :)

Last edited:

OverlordNeko

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Awesome, exactly the answer i needed. I knew the drawer icons could be rearranged but i had a brain fart and didn't notice the dock was on that part as well :eek:lol

regulatedhobbyist

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. I updated, the used the task manager on my HTC amaze, killed all- which included the factory contacts icon. Now my call history and contacts are gone. My phone icon disappeared too. I had to reinstall it. Now I just need the other two back and i'll be golden. Any thought? I don't have a backup, and they are not in my app drawer. Thoughts?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. I updated, the used the task manager on my HTC amaze, killed all- which included the factory contacts icon. Now my call history and contacts are gone. My phone icon disappeared too. I had to reinstall it. Now I just need the other two back and i'll be golden. Any thought? I don't have a backup, and they are not in my app drawer. Thoughts?

Yeah. This is about the dock icons in Samsung's Touchwiz. You'll be best served if you ask this in the HTC Amaze section, as those folks will know more about the HTC Sense and how it functions. Also, don't mess with task killers, not worth the effort with 2.1+

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much!

I had this happen like 9 months ago and could never figure out how to get it back, had been told to do a hard reset which I didn't want to. The APP -> edit worked great. Now I get screen area back for other apps!

iviyth0s

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting, didn't know you could tweak touch wiz. I always switch to LauncherPro whenever I change my rom as I can backup my homescreens between roms and also the dock can have alot of customization (it's also very light on memory)

Dbush1998

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just had the same issue this morning, only I do not have any editing capabilities on the shortcut bar. The only time I get an edit option is on customizable grid and that only adjusts the location in the apps drawer. I have froyo 2.6.32.9. When I check for an update it responds no firmware.

Adey Pearce

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I stupidly hid my messaging icon inadvertantly, yet dont know how to replace it, or how to get it back onto my home screen...any ideas? i can send messages yet by going the long way around through contacts etcit is no longer in my apps either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez