EPIC FAIL? Slow, freezing, restarting every day...

jdwoody76

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Here are a few issues i am having with my Epic. I listen to Pandora, iheartradio, slacker, etc all through a headphone jack. Afterwards my phone will not ring with ringtone or notification sounds or even play a youtube video...I have to restart my phone every day. It is getting very slow and slacking in responsiveness....any ideas, suggestions? What can i use to optimize performance as well?:mad:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It could also be an app that has a virus. Do you have anti-virus software on your phone? If you don't, I recommend downloading one of many anti-virus software apps

regenouis

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest AGAINST downloading the antivirus apps from the market place. 100% of the phones I see come my way with software issues, and anti-virus apps, when I remove the anti-virus app, it takes care of the issue. ABSOLUTELY SUGGEST AGAINST IT.

Better idea is just to read the description of the app, and reviews prior to downloading...

The problems you are having sound very much like a software conflict generally caused by a conflict...which is very often caused by a bad app that is just not written very well.

I can't wait for gingerbread either, but froyo, if you take care of your device correctly, works extremely well. People just often times take smartphone to mean superman phone - which is not the case.

Edit: Hard reset does correct these issues, back your contacts up to your SD card if they aren't on your GMAIL account (contacts>menu>import/export>export to SD card). Don't just re-install all your same apps indiscriminately when you do your reset, otherwise you're going to have all the same problems. Pandora is a known good music player try sticking with just one known good one.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
regenious hit it on the head. Sounds like an app is giving you problems.

I am running ACS Frozen 1.1.1 and am very very happy with my device.

jsnuszka

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems all the time. Got so bad that my alarm would not sound in the moring to wake me up. I factory restored, and still had the same problem. I'm sure it was probably an app that causes the media to no longer work, but coming from moto droid with all the same apps I knew it should not be happening.

My fix was rooting. Went to bonsai and never had that problem again (found it a little more stable too). I thought it was going to be harder than it was. With all the info out there (all I used was this forum for links and info) its not that bad. Actually getting quite adept at it and tried a few different roms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty