A few g nexus questions...

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I just bought the nexus from amazon wireless yesterday and I only have two questions about this device.

1. I have an EVO 4G car charger. Will this work for the nexus too?

2. Do I really need a screen protector? I know it is made with fortified glass so that's why I'm asking. If it does, which one is the best or 2nd best to get?

Thanks!!

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I just bought the nexus from amazon wireless yesterday and I only have two questions about this device.

2. Do I really need a screen protector? I know it is made with fortified glass so that's why I'm asking. If it does, which one is the best or 2nd best to get?

Thanks!!

1. Your car charger will work. The charging port is micro USB; the same as your EVO was. I'm using a charger from my Blackberry Bold right now. :p

2. You might get mixed reviews on screen protectors, because some say it takes away from the color of the screen. I have always used them just as added protection; Just because it is fortified glass does not mean it cannot be scratched (right?). I have always used Zagg screen protectors, but this time I went with Ghost Armor. Supposedly the Zagg has an "orange peel" look that the Ghost Armor does not, and the Ghost Armor was cheaper. They both offer lifetime warranties, but you will pay more for them. Some of the cases that you buy for the phone will come with screen protectors that will offer added protection.

Hope this helps!

jgalan14

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
XO skins protector are great too It feels better then xagg is cheaper and has lifetime warranty

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Android Central Forums

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the ghost armor. I am on their site and I see they have protectors for the GSM version and Verizon. Does it make a difference which one I chose. Both should fit the sprint nexus correct?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the ghost armor. I am on their site and I see they have protectors for the GSM version and Verizon. Does it make a difference which one I chose. Both should fit the sprint nexus correct?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Im not sure about that but u can get the skinomi tech skin they have it for sprint version

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!!

1. yes. but i replaced mine because a new one worked better.
2. no.

jjshleprock

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
OEM is always better. I know all micro sd port should be the same but there not. Cheap replacments can always be found on amazon (I got one for my EVO for $1.50).
Never used a screen protector. Always carry my phone in the same pocket as my lighter and or a key ring minimal if any scratches.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
1. Your car charger will work. The charging port is micro USB; the same as your EVO was. I'm using a charger from my Blackberry Bold right now. :p

2. You might get mixed reviews on screen protectors, because some say it takes away from the color of the screen. I have always used them just as added protection; Just because it is fortified glass does not mean it cannot be scratched (right?). I have always used Zagg screen protectors, but this time I went with Ghost Armor. Supposedly the Zagg has an "orange peel" look that the Ghost Armor does not, and the Ghost Armor was cheaper. They both offer lifetime warranties, but you will pay more for them. Some of the cases that you buy for the phone will come with screen protectors that will offer added protection.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I have the ZAGG that I purchased from Best Buy (The Verizon one) and I hate the orange peel finish - to me, makes it look cheap. But it does keep fingerprint and smudge to a minimum. I'm going to check out the Skinomi one - if it has a smooth finish.

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I went with ghost armor. I've never used this brand so I'm glad they have a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm now awaiting this along with my first PURE Google phone. Needless to say I'm very excited. I would've held out for the S3 but I HATE touchwiz along with any skin these manufacturers place on their phones. Hopefully the nexus is as good as I hear.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have the ZAGG that I purchased from Best Buy (The Verizon one) and I hate the orange peel finish - to me, makes it look cheap. But it does keep fingerprint and smudge to a minimum. I'm going to check out the Skinomi one - if it has a smooth finish.

The skinomi has a smooth finish i use it my self its the best out of all other brands

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Some screen protectors like skinomi is a lil bit short like it don't cover the phone 100% I dnt know if military shield covers it better

Seauxcrazy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I order one off eBay another reader posted. I'll see when it gets here:

6X NEW Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover Skin Guard | eBay

That's the one I posted earlier lol. At 1.75 for 6, you can't go wrong with at least trying it. Fortunately it worked out for me and couldn't be happier about it. Feels just like the glass.

Just a tip: Most screen protectors have two removable films over it, this one only has one. The second pull tab is to pull the camera cut out hole off, once you put the protector on. Confused me a second, but figured it out haha.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
That's the one I posted earlier lol. At 1.75 for 6, you can't go wrong with at least trying it. Fortunately it worked out for me and couldn't be happier about it. Feels just like the glass.

Just a tip: Most screen protectors have two removable films over it, this one only has one. The second pull tab is to pull the camera cut out hole off, once you put the protector on. Confused me a second, but figured it out haha.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to remember it when it gets here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa