Speaker phone has stopped working...

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
When I press the speaker phone button during a call I get no sound from the speaker. The speaker icon gets the blue line under it indicating the speaker is on but no sound comes from the external speaker. However, the earpiece speaker still works while the speaker phone is on. I haven't dropped the phone so I'm not sure if it is a hardware or software problem. Also, the external speaker works just fine for ringers and notifications. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you stock? (still on ICS 4.0, or did you get the update to JellyBean 4.1)?
Rooted?
Rommed? - if so, which rom and rom version are you running?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Are you stock? (still on ICS 4.0, or did you get the update to JellyBean 4.1)?
Rooted?
Rommed? - if so, which rom and rom version are you running?

Stock JB 4.1 no mods or roots. Do you think a factory reset will do the trick? If I have to I may go ahead and root it so I can get the custom glow soft keys.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Did some troubleshooting and found the problem. I thought about it a little bit and tried to remember exactly when I realized the speaker phone stopped working. I recalled that yesterday I had a voicemail come in and while trying to listen on the speaker the volume seemed really low. I didn't realize at the time that the speaker wasn't working at all. It was the earpiece I was hearing and that's why the volume was so low. Just so happens that right before that I had updated 2 apps...Adobe Air and Ringtone Maker. So I uninstalled Adobe first, no change. Then I uninstalled Ringtone Maker and my speaker phone is back. Glad I won't have to call CS for help with this issue...not in the mood for their BS tonight lol

bhavna

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
i am facing the similiar problem. My speaker also have stopped working. I can see teh blue blue line below speaker icon but it doesn't work. Though with ear phne I am able to hear every thing.
I have alse re-loaded the factory settings but problem persists.
Can anyone help please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez