S Beam Compatible with Sprint Galaxy Nexus?

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know if its possible to install n use S Voice from the Galaxy S 3 onto the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. I've searched for the S Voice apk and have ran into dead ends.

I'd like to be able to send videos n such media through S Voice as Android Beam is limited in this area.
I am sure that many other Galaxy Nexus owners would like to have this ability as well.

I don't see any reason why the Galaxy Nexus can't use this S Voice system. It may have a little slower processer n half the ram yet I don't see those being faults of using S Voice.

Links to S Voice apk? Thoughts?

Last edited:

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No I thought it was and tried it on s3. Some of the features work but I can not remember which ones

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No I thought it was and tried it on s3. Some of the features work but I can not remember which ones

The S3 has it by default. And I was able to send a web page n pic by Android Beam. However when trying a video by Android beam to S Beam it had a message something of this action can't be done since the device doesn't have S Beam. I'd love to see and try if its possible.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The S3 has it by default. And I was able to send a web page n pic by Android Beam. However when trying a video by Android beam to S Beam it had a message something of this action can't be done since the device doesn't have S Beam. I'd love to see and try if its possible.

Doesn't S Beam use WiFi direct?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I believe so and the Galaxy Nexus has WiFi direct built in as well.

The difference is that in order for the Gnex to use WiFi direct, I believe it needs an application that uses it. Android beam uses NFC and just...works. But since android beam isn't an option for you, there are apps out there that can utilize the Gnex's wifi direct.

I think... :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I dont mind using Android Beam. However it is limited when compared to s beam. S Beam does all that Android Beam does plus more. Any idea or suggestions to a familiar app ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non