Phone Drops Signal CONSTANTLY

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So since they've added 4g in my area my signal constantly drops. Anytime I switch from 3g to 4g I have to turn on airplane mode and then turn it off and them my signal works fine.

SPRINT GET YOUR TOGETHER.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
That happened when LTE first went live in DC. Since it's not anywhere useful, I just went back to CDMA only.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

prEvo

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint to complain about the horrible spotty service. They recommended that I turn off LTE when driving. Then turning it on whenever. Of course, when it's on the LTE setting and there is no LTE, it will always look for LTE and screw up the 3G. Nice. Sprint service has gone downhill since the news of LTE. I have LTE at my house and I stream Hulu+ like a . I suck down GIGs of data, they can eat it. The normal service has been very poor, so I will stream movies and hog up as much bandwidth as necessary.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Eerily this has been happening to me alot of late. It is pretty frustrating. Once I upgrade to 4.2.1 I also was upgraded to the GA02 radio and for a while my signal was greatly improved. Now especially at home I will pick up my phone and the data bars will be completely grey. Nothing fixes it. Soooometimes a restart makes me atleast get 3G. But yeah I have even had dropped calls recently and that had not happened to me ever since I purchased my phone. At home I am talking about 1 2 bars on 3G (when just a couple days ago it was full bars and sometimes even 3 on 4G) and yeah everything is all over the place here... when I go to different cities like Gardena, Torrance, Long Beach, Downey though I get great 4G and if not great 3G. The fastest LTE I have gotten on my phone is 19MB in Downey, CA.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Eerily this has been happening to me alot of late. It is pretty frustrating. Once I upgrade to 4.2.1 I also was upgraded to the GA02 radio and for a while my signal was greatly improved. Now especially at home I will pick up my phone and the data bars will be completely grey. Nothing fixes it. Soooometimes a restart makes me atleast get 3G. But yeah I have even had dropped calls recently and that had not happened to me ever since I purchased my phone. At home I am talking about 1 2 bars on 3G (when just a couple days ago it was full bars and sometimes even 3 on 4G) and yeah everything is all over the place here... when I go to different cities like Gardena, Torrance, Long Beach, Downey though I get great 4G and if not great 3G. The fastest LTE I have gotten on my phone is 19MB in Downey, CA.

LA is in active deployment. Things are sometimes going to be crazy as they continue the build out. Give it time.

I miss about 75% of my calls per day as they just won't ring thru. I'm not in an active deployment area either. I'm sure its my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Those of you experiencing this problem with LTE and connectivity in general and are undergoing the Network Vision upgrades could be due to the hand off of signals from old equipment to new equipment.

We had this problem badly in Chicago with dropped calls, signals, texts, etc. As they shut down and replaced more of the old equipment with the new it worked itself out.

My recommendation is call Sprint and complain, ask for a prorated billing for the previous month or something. They handed out generous credits to the Chicago market for those who called in and complained. I personally received $75 credit to my account during a month when things got really bad.

If one cs rep doesn't play ball then nicely end the conversation and try back again and you will get a different cs rep that should work with you.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue really badly this weekend in Virginia Beach. My phone kept losing internet connection while on 4g and wouldn't connect at all when on just CDMA. "My location" in the map app was never correct. Quite a problem when driving around somewhere you aren't familiar with. Argh. Growing pains.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.