What Is wake lock??

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded GSAM from the market place to see what is draining my battery so much especially when my screen is off. It show that ''wake lock'' is whats killing the battery. Its running all the time. What is this thing and how do i shut it down? Anyone know?

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded GSAM from the market place to see what is draining my battery so much especially when my screen is off. It show that ''wake lock'' is whats killing the battery. Its running all the time. What is this thing and how do i shut it down? Anyone know?

Android developer: What is WakeLock?
What is WakeLock?

In order to prolong battery life, over time Android devices will first dim, then turn off the screen,
before turning off the CPU. WakeLocks are a Power Manager system Service feature, available to your
applications to control the power state of the host device.
Wake Locks can be used to keep the CPU running, prevent the screen from dimming, prevent the screen
from turning off, and prevent the keyboard backlight from turning off.

Creating and holding Wake Locks can have a dramatic influence on the battery
drain associated with your application. It?s good practice to use Wake Locks only
when strictly necessary, for as short a time as needed, and to release them as soon
as possible.

steverowlands

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Is it the media server wakelock doing it?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

steverowlands

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Since the JB update on ATT S3 last week, I'm having some problems with the media server wakelock.

Try going Settings - Application Manager, flick across to Running.

Up the top will be a Show Cached Processes, click on Media, then stop it.

It will restart again afterwards, but that has cured my battery woes.

bevcraw

Net Mod Emeritus
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Try going Settings - Application Manager, flick across to Running.

Up the top will be a Show Cached Processes, click on Media, then stop it.

It will restart again afterwards, but that has cured my battery woes.

Thanks, Steve. I think I figured out a variation on your suggestion. Battery drain has been less the past couple of hours. We'll see if it holds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non