Good phone for student?

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Im looking at getting the Note 2 either this weekend or later next week, i have a Droid X2 right now on page plus and love it. I just want to know if the Note 2 is a good phone for a college student, as far as email, power point, word, etc. I have 3 classes and about a hour and half in between them to do homework or what ever, is the battery good for a day of a few calls, couple hundred text, under 100 emails, and some gaming/youtube/web browsing? Thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it'll be a good fit for you. The battery is really good. Nice big screen for viewing content. Handwriting mode and voice recorder for taking notes.
Go to the store and play with it first but you should have a winner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had the note 2 since Wednesday. So far it's had the best battery life of any smart phone I've ever used. I'M IMPRESSED.

Last edited:

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The only think keeping me from buying it is the $300 price tag, is it worth buying it? I mean its a lot of phone (no pun intended haha) but its $299 + the $36 activation fee + taxes, Thats about $350 ish. Ill be on the "family plan" with unlimited everything but land line minutes, but who really dont have a cell phone nowadays. Plus im thinking about just getting a new number since not many family/friends have my number right now i can just give them my new one. Is it worth getting or is there a sale i should wait a week or two for? Thanks all, also anyone have the Otterbox Commuter case, i want a case but nothing thats huge haha. Thanks.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The only think keeping me from buying it is the $300 price tag, is it worth buying it? I mean its a lot of phone (no pun intended haha) but its $299 + the $36 activation fee + taxes, Thats about $350 ish. Ill be on the "family plan" with unlimited everything but land line minutes, but who really dont have a cell phone nowadays. Plus im thinking about just getting a new number since not many family/friends have my number right now i can just give them my new one. Is it worth getting or is there a sale i should wait a week or two for? Thanks all, also anyone have the Otterbox Commuter case, i want a case but nothing thats huge haha. Thanks.

I bought the galaxy s3 on Sprint during the pre-order so i was one of the first in the usa to have one. I didn't have another update available. So i paid the activation fee, the $299 and knowing my monthly bill will be increased by $35, I bought the G Note2 without a 2nd thought. I don't regret it one bit. The phone has been flawless for me. My poor gs3 hasn't been turned on since... :D

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Well if i can convince my dad (even though its my money and im paying everything) ill get one tomorrow :) and hopefully in titanium grey. I personally like the grey over the white. Thanks all for the help!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Well if i can convince my dad (even though its my money and im paying everything) ill get one tomorrow :) and hopefully in titanium grey. I personally like the grey over the white. Thanks all for the help!

If you get it from amazon or walmart you can get it from under $200. You may even be able to get best buy to price match it.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought the galaxy s3 on Sprint during the pre-order so i was one of the first in the usa to have one. I didn't have another update available. So i paid the activation fee, the $299 and knowing my monthly bill will be increased by $35, I bought the G Note2 without a 2nd thought. I don't regret it one bit. The phone has been flawless for me. My poor gs3 hasn't been turned on since... :D

BBOOOOO!!!!! TRAITOR!!!!......lol!!......ok, I'm jealous!! :D

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Well so far bestbuy don't have one in stock, and don't know when they will get one in. Think I should just fork up $340 at a sprint store?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Well so far bestbuy don't have one in stock, and don't know when they will get one in. Think I should just fork up $340 at a sprint store?

Earlier this morning Radio Shack had the Note II for $199. I don't know if that was online only or what colors. :D

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Earlier this morning Radio Shack had the Note II for $199. I don't know if that was online only or what colors. :D

Was that a online deal or in store thing? I start college tomorrow and I know my Droid X2 will be used in between classes for homework(aka entertainment)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yea i paid 212.00 tax and all, i printed out an amazon website and they matched it at BB

I know BB was price matching Amazon before the holiday, they may still be. Currently. The upgrade price at Amazon is 249.99. New line is 99. New plan is 119' I think. Check radio shack, Wal-Mart, and other retailers and see if you can price match.

Plus the 36 activation won't be charged until new bill.

Sent from my G-Note 2

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Well halfway through my first day if college and I wish I had a Note 2, my Droid X2 is running "ok" its restarted 4 times and after about 2 hours it's still hasn't finished downloading Angry Birds yet the battery is decent at 81% took off charge at 6:30am this morning.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Definitely good for a student, I use my gn2 whenever I need to start a paper and dont have a computer to use. Office suite pro is a must if your always having to write papers. The galaxy note 2 is really great expecially if your a student or a business person. I use the spen all the time cause Its easy to write by swiping that way. Battery life; oofff.. This thing gets 5 stars in my book for battery even over my Previous phone(htc one x+)

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Well my phone finally almost died on me at 4:30pm today, was sending a text then the "you better charge me or else" prompt came up haha and i had to plug it up the almost hour of playing angry birds didnt help haha. I hope the battery on the Galaxy Note 2 battery is good for about 1 hour of phone calls, roughtly 100-200 text about 100 emails and some gaming/web browsing/etc for at least 3 hours and still have some battery left after unplugging at 6am to roughly 10pm at night maybe latter some days.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This say anything? 2.5 hrs screen on, music playing, gta3 for a little while... lots of fb messenger (use that over texts to my fiancee due to service issues)

bamyze8a.jpg

Sent from my G-Note 2

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty good. Just a little update I called my local bestbuy and was told that they still price match amazon but only have the white version in stock. I want the grey one but I'm going to get a otterbox commuter case for the phone, my only question about the otterbox is the screen protector that comes with the case, should I put it on or just leave it off? But first I need to get the phone then sell my Droid X2 after my page plus runs out.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I myself prefer matte screen protectors, so I'm waiting for one to get to me. You can always get the white one, with the otterbox you'll never know the difference. Plus from bb, you can return for the gray one of they get it within 30 days. Once I'm allowed to drive again, I'm gonna see if I can return mine for the titanium one.

Sent from my G-Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95