Galaxy Note 2 or HTC One? Just curious

Samir Washington

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh no!!!!! Keep your GN2... I say this for a number of reasons. 1# it will be a downgrade due to size 2# I opened up a new line two days ago just to see if I would like this and nope I don't like it and I'm returning it today, its to small , the speakers don't sound all that great, the phone feels funny in my hand, overall too damn small.... I'm glad the only thing I'm losing is 36$ for the restocking fee Thur sprint... so I'm keeping the charger n head phones f that lol... 3# the no battery no SD card 4# had to charge the phone twice and with the note one a day etc. 5# trust me after playing with that phone it don't hold up to my GN2. Yeah our phone is big but u get more bang for ur buck stick with ur note 2.. I kept dropping the damn phone out my hand lol... HTC was one of my favorites but they would have to upgrade size. I'm gonna wait for the GN3 this year.... if anything upgrade to the Gn3 this year....

Samir Washington

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree, You said it "feels good to have 40% battery at the end of the day". HTC not giving that ... I'm returning that phone n getting my money back. I only opened up a new line to play with it before I made a change n I'm glad I did .. so I'll take the 36$ (restocking fee)
I think you did the right thing...

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree, You said it "feels good to have 40% battery at the end of the day". HTC not giving that ... I'm returning that phone n getting my money back. I only opened up a new line to play with it before I made a change n I'm glad I did .. so I'll take the 36$ (restocking fee)
I think you did the right thing...

Yes you are right....I'm glad I kept Note 2 as well.

Posted via Android Central App

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine switched from his note 2 to an HTC one and couldn't be more happier. Also keep in mind he had three batteries for it so he was utilizing the capabilities the note had that the htc one doesn't. He found the battery life to be sufficient and enjoyed being able to use his phone with one hand again.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference.

Sent from my HTC One

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I was about to trade my note 2 for an HTC One but after installing the latest synergy rom I'm in love with my phone again. It's faster than I ever imagined. Although I would have loved to try the htc one I love my big screen and multiview. I'll hold on to my note 2 for a little longer.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

sko580

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note 2 since the beginning and also have the HTC One for the past month. They definitely have the their pros and cons. As of this evening, I am switching back to the Note 2. Here are my reasons:

- Note has a brighter LED flash. I use the flashlight app religiously. The Note 2 blew the HTC One when it came to LED brightness.
- Note 2 is has either a more sensitive cell radio/antenna or roams better than the HTC One. The HTC One left me in the dark with no cell service in fringe areas or areas where I normally would have roamed on Verizon's network. It came down to needing a phone instead of having a feature heavy device.
- Expandable storage.
- Naturally better battery life due to size of battery. And because it is user replaceable, getting a replacement is easy enough.
- I got to appreciate the note taking feature. Didn't realize this until I was scrambling for something to write on when I had the HTC One. Being able to email my S-Note as a PDF is just purely awesome.
- Camera seems to be better. Taking pictures all the time with 2 young kids.

I don't want to seem like a HTC One basher. It is a great phone. So here are some things I like to highlight about the HTC One:
- Perfect size. Feels nice in the hand.
- Nice bright/sharp screen.
- Speakers were nice. Although not as loud as I thought it would be.
- Able to take pictures without shutter sound.

So to conclude, the Note 2 is what works for me despite its large size. However, is thinness makes up for that and is comfortable to slide into the pockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38