Google Sync error?

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with google sync this afternoon?
It just started giving me a sync error. It says at the bottom sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.
I haven't had this problem in a long time.

I've restarted, pulled the battery. All of the tricks. Nothing so far.

Anyone else?

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Just had the same thing again this morning. I removed my account and added it again. I'm fine now. What I did notice when I got my sync error was that Gmail was still sending me my email.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2.

evobassfish

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that when sync is experiencing error my Google wallet app fails also. I back tracked and remembered updating google apps. so I went back and uninstalled the updates, reverted back to factory versions and everything is back to normal.

Posted via Android Central App

Not A Bot

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Please, to those who read this post, do NOT delete your account and re-add it UNLESS you have first BACKED UP your local Android (native) calendar. ALLLLL OF YOUR LATEST CALENDAR CHANGES WILL BE LOST.
Not sure. I ended up deleting my account and re added. It's working now.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2.

GeeG36

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem, I have also seen a box showing a number of downloads which just disappears and fails to download. All my saved e-mails have disappeared from my folders for family and friend conversation folders.
This seems to have occurred following the new google messaging marriage with Facebook.

GeeG36

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Still struggling with this sync error, when is Google going to sort this out? Many of us are becoming disenchanted with this lack of progress...I have lost all of my saved e-mails which although not too big a loss is very annoying, not helped by the lack of progress.

chlenz62

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I can see this thread is almost a year old but I'm receiving this same sync error message. Can anyone help me understand how to resolve it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn