Samsung Galaxy S II Reaching US Shores in August

kpazzo6

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S II Reaching US Shores in August (Phone Scoop)

Shin Jong-kyun, president of Samsung's mobile business, was recently quoted saying "We expect to release the Galaxy S2 in the U.S. market sometime in August." The phone features a huge, 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display and dual-core processor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is exciting news!!! :D

Reactions: fred1955

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree with android pirate. I think the tegra 2 is a good chip. It got very high benchmarks as well. If you are just using the phone in normal everyday use you probably won't notice the difference between tegra 2 and exynos anyways. We still dont know if the US versions will have the exynos chip

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I would preffer it to have the Exnyos chipset. I understand and have read how the tegra2 is a great chipset and I'm not nocking it. But if Sammy made the chipset and I'm buying a Sammy Phone then I would want their Chipset in that phone.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It boggles me how folks can agonize over a chipset when there isn't even any real information out there on what the chipset actually is? My guess is if someone handed you a phone and there was no way to tell what chipset was in it, that most would never even notice the difference :cool:

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've thrown this around the forums in a couple places today, but since this thread has transformed into a Exynos vs. Tegra2 debate, I thought I'd mention it here too.

Take a look at Nena Innovation AB - NenaMark results

This device popped up on the benchmark site last month, and now that we have a model number for Sprint's variant, it's clear what it is. My guess is a tester ran this benchmark on a prototype. Anyhoo, the benchmark pulled the processor info which shows as ARM Mali-400 MP, which is the same as the international Galaxy SII.

To me, it's very likely that Sprint's variant will have the Exynos in it.

Reactions: unplugged

Trullinger

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
So, take this for what it is worth. I was in Best Buy this afternoon checking out the Photon when I asked what he had heard about the GS2. He checked his computer and said they don't have an official date, but they had been given a date of September 4th for when they would be receiving more information. He also said with that, that it would be extremely unlikely to see the phone before then. I have no idea if this guy was blowin' smoke and for all of our sakes, I hope he was. It would be very bad news indeed for those of us expecting an August release.
What do you guys think? Does someone in his position really have access to that type of information, especially this early?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This phone will not release in August.. Late September is even a stretch but Possible. More than likely it will come in October :'(

I'm not sure if you're being a pessimist or a realist. :p

My money is on the first week of September assuming Sprint follows their general calendar once a device has cleared the FCC. October is highly unlikely in my opinion. Either way, they should be announcing a release date this week.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The only reason tha thtey have been delayed this long is that Samsung can't keep up with existing demand. They sold 5 million in 85 days. They have said that their existing capacity is at 100% 24x7. They just brought on another line at another plant last month.

Reactions: pmjohnson99