Car dock?

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Can't find any good info on what kind of car dock will be available. My wife might get my Photon if I like the ET4G, and one of the best things about the Photon is the absolutely outstanding car dock. From what I see so far, Samsung isn't even matching the mediocre dock for the Epic, since it looks like the ET4G dock doesn't even have audio out.

Anybody have any additional info?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is a video of the official Samsung car dock for the Internation Galaxy SII. I'd assume the version for the E4GT will be very similar. It has a line out port for audio.

Edit - I just watched the video a couple more times and it looks really good to me. I only spend about an hour a day in the car I drive to work and back, but I may still buy one for the convenience.

Last edited:

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Looks like the only question then is the car dock software. Hopefully they've improved it from the Epic.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was not pleased with their dock for my Nexus S, ended up just going universal route. The Nexus S dock said it had integrated charging; ie, you manually plug in a car charger. :| Also, it should go into dock mode; it never did.

I'm hopeful for the GSII 4g dock, though.