Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So I got my E4gT today at Bestbuy and..

Hey guys so I walked into Bestbuy today to get my Epic 4g Touch and I go to play with it as the rep finishes my paperwork and look what I find on it that Bestbuy decided to throw in as a bonus!

I was pretty upset. There was another one as well of a random Sprint fixture. Also before I even got the phone in my hand the reps were handing the phone off to each other to check it out. They didn't even know anything about it nor of its release this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So I got my E4gT today at Bestbuy and..-335755_967758986134_6300100_42186163_1974159520_o.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    cacherpaderp and chaz_uk like this.

Default Re: So I got my E4gT today at Bestbuy and..

Quote Originally Posted by remii View Post
    Hey guys so I walked into Bestbuy today to get my Epic 4g Touch and I go to play with it as the rep finishes my paperwork and look what I find on it that Bestbuy decided to throw in as a bonus!

I was pretty upset. There was another one as well of a random Sprint fixture. Also before I even got the phone in my hand the reps were handing the phone off to each other to check it out. They didn't even know anything about it nor of its release this morning.
    LOL, Nice

They took that photo with your 'new' phone that you just picked up today?! F***, I would be pissed as well, probably I would demand a new one and talk to their manager. Sounds like a discount is in order.
    barakisbrown and J T M like this.

LMAO he must be on Big Red
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by h4ldol View Post
    They took that photo with your 'new' phone that you just picked up today?! F***, I would be pissed as well, probably I would demand a new one and talk to their manager. Sounds like a discount is in order.
    Yeah I would be pissed off. The best part is the OP has photographic proof.
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

I would definitely expose them like crazy. I'd contact the mananger and corporate office and raise hell. Had it been me, I would've asked the guy to cone out and say it to my face and probably kick his ***.

Yeah, I'd be in front of a manager faster than white on rice.

So glad I don't work there anymore.
    - Josh

My personal blog, The Walking Blogger
    Add me on Google+!
    Or if you prefer, try @joshmunoz on Twitter!
    pakman3000 likes this.

Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bring that thing right back to em, and show them that.
    Follow Us on Twitter
    [@jareddipane]
    [@AndroidCentral]

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    I would definitely expose them like crazy. I'd contact the mananger and corporate office and raise hell. Had it been me, I would've asked the guy to cone out and say it to my face and probably kick his ***.
    If they ignore me, I'd send this to as many blogs as possible.
    tonymontana2367 likes this.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.0.3

well then. i must say, i am impressed with the camera, but not so much with the user of the camera at the time of this picture...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by steve19137 View Post
    well then. i must say, i am impressed with the camera, but not so much with the user of the camera at the time of this picture...
    Yeah I have to admit the camera quality is pretty nice lol. But yeah I spoke to their manager and he just made excuses. "When we get in new devices the techs like to open them up and explore them a bit" was his reasoning. I then asked why would there be such a vulgar photo on my phone then and he went on to say that they should have deleted it before it was sold. Awesome.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

A www. Poor fella has something wrong with his finger.....

That is what he's showing us, right?
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Asus Nexus 7 | Samsung Chromebook 5 550
    Android - ChromeOS - Google

Yea, the cameras quality is awesome. I always get my phones at BB and must say I have never had any issues. I bet the manager will be very interested to see this. Let us know how it turns out!

Wow. Don't let them get away with this, contact everyone you can (i.e. Best Buy corporate), let them know this crap is going on. Demand a new unopened phone.
    Slingbox likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    Wow. Don't let them get away with this, contact everyone you can (i.e. Best Buy corporate), let them know this crap is going on. Demand a new unopened phone.
    Yeah, definitely. As long as you keep that photo on the phone, they are going to yield to you unless they want an escalation of an easily rectified and potentially highly embarrassing situation. It is a bit of a hassle, but if it were me, I would at the very least demand a brand-new phone (and aren't these boxes supposed to be sealed?). And they should really throw in a $50 or more gift card or something to make it right.

Yeah I have to admit the camera quality is pretty nice lol. But yeah I spoke to their manager and he just made excuses. "When we get in new devices the techs like to open them up and explore them a bit" was his reasoning. I then asked why would there be such a vulgar photo on my phone then and he went on to say that they should have deleted it before it was sold. Awesome.
    That's unacceptable. I'd keep moving up the ladder.
    - Josh

My personal blog, The Walking Blogger
    Add me on Google+!
    Or if you prefer, try @joshmunoz on Twitter!

Its a big deal....news worthy really.
    Imagine if it was gift purchased for young daughter or son.
    I would be calling BestBuy corp having them make me very happy , If they failed to do so my local news would be on it
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Consumerist.com they love to call best buy out.

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Its a big deal....news worthy really.
    Imagine if it was gift purchased for young daughter or son.
    I would be calling BestBuy corp having them make me very happy , If they failed to do so my local news would be on it
    This ^^^

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I'd also keep pressing them on this. The employee should be fired. No one at Best Buy should touch a "new" phone before the buyer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

This should be submitted to all the phone/tech/consumer blogs...Gizmodo, Engadget, Consumerist, etc. Very newsworthy, especially the management's lackluster response and opening up these devices and selling them as new.
    Slingbox likes this.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Wow. Overreact much? You guys are taking this way too seriously. I wouldnt even care. Its actually pretty hilarious.
    Thanked by:
    att_guy likes this.

I'd be less concerned with the photo and more concerned with paying for a new in box device that was obviously opened and used.

At the very least, they owe you an open-box item discount imho.
    bjn714, att_guy and LoveMyPhone like this.

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by macewank View Post
    I'd be less concerned with the photo and more concerned with paying for a new in box device that was obviously opened and used.

At the very least, they owe you an open-box item discount imho.
    ^^ that

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic longest name in the world phone Touch 4G
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast