So I got my E4gT today at Bestbuy and..

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys so I went back in the store again (This being the Tyler store in Riverside, CA) and spoke to another manager in person. I explained to her my situation and about how I've already spoken to another manager who simply dismissed the issue. She seemed much more reasonable and was seemed to grasp the severity of the situation. She apologized profusely and expressed her frustration and assured me this is not regular BestBuy behavior. She assured me the employee (who I happened to run into at the store who's name I discovered is Victor. I couldn't make out a last name sadly) would be adequately reprimanded. She guaranteed me a new phone which she would personally pick up at a sister store (seeing as how this was the only BestBuy in the district to stock the phone and my friend and I were the first two to get the two out of six of they had received). I just have to stop by again tomorrow morning to get my new *crosses fingers* Epic 4g Touch. Which works out great since the "new" one I purchased this morning is refusing to charge. It's been plugged in all day and it's only at 70% battery. I was really hoping to have a chance to play with this phone after having waited for months to get it in my hands. She even threw in a $25 gift card for my problems. It makes me really sad and frustrated to know these types of situations still occur. Who knows what these retailers decide to do to these seemingly "new" devices before selling them. I hope at least in this instance this employee learns his lesson and this store in particular does a better job at training their employees. This shoddy behavior is highly unprofessional and one would think a big chain like Best Buy would have better practices in place in order to prevent these situations from occurring.

All in all this wasn't the launch of a new device I was expecting to get when I walked into Best Buy this morning with my debit card in hand ready to fork over for a shiny new phone but in the end it all worked out. Now if only the morning would come sooner :]

Good to hear. That's how customer service is supposed to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roq99

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy was created by business men Fry's/Microcenter was created by people who are actually passionate about electronics. I never go to Best Buy I have had so many bad experiences, and have found that the employees are uneducated on their own products, they make up words and use buzz-words to describe products.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Pretty insane. Hope the guy got fired. Not to judge abook by its cover, but how was he hired? Prison tatts and baggy pants? Really? Not who I'd gravitate towards to help me out.

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys so I walked into Bestbuy today to get my Epic 4g Touch and I go to play with it as the rep finishes my paperwork and look what I find on it that Bestbuy decided to throw in as a bonus!

I was pretty upset. There was another one as well of a random Sprint fixture. Also before I even got the phone in my hand the reps were handing the phone off to each other to check it out. They didn't even know anything about it nor of its release this morning.

Dude was that the best buy in Riverside?

supsandroid

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Pretty insane. Hope the guy got fired. Not to judge abook by its cover, but how was he hired? Prison tatts and baggy pants? Really? Not who I'd gravitate towards to help me out.

Definitely dont judge a book by its cover. The CSM at my work has a bunch of tats and is a skin head. (hes in his 40's though so he doesnt look that thugged out lol) But he is a GREAT boss. In fact I play WOW with him, his wife and son.

4ekbrandon

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The things I hear about other bestbuy stores are just insane, never ceases to amaze me.

I hate whenever someone comes into my store and assumes I'm like that guy on the newegg commercial, just looking at tags, struggling to find differences. I would say well over 70% of the staff at my particular location actually knows their stuff(and not just in a "sales" way), are professional, and actually give a damn about their job and helping people find what they really need/want.
/vent

faraz9206

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys so I walked into Bestbuy today to get my Epic 4g Touch and I go to play with it as the rep finishes my paperwork and look what I find on it that Bestbuy decided to throw in as a bonus!

I was pretty upset. There was another one as well of a random Sprint fixture. Also before I even got the phone in my hand the reps were handing the phone off to each other to check it out. They didn't even know anything about it nor of its release this morning.

dude, im pissed hearing this. i wud storm into managers office nd ask for new one, its used nd i can't take it. i payed for a brand new one !!!

donut

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm from Riverside too and that's the same best buy I got my phone and most of my electronics, glad to hear that everything went well.

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe its just me, but i wouldnt be upset about the picture. It could have been worse. i would be more upset upon the fact that i wasnt the "original user" of the phone. Their stupidity should be the reason they should be fired. Being tech guys, common sense should have kicked in and prompted them to delete any photos taken, since they were gonna repackage it as new. Or just reformat the sd card/factory wipe.

Android_World

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
They would have had to get me a new phone - right there & then and that guy would have had to be reprimanded! I would've raised hell! Then leave, come home and light their store's ass up in as many blogs online as possible! That would get the word out!

It esp. stinks when reps go messing with technology that they know nothing about, just b/c it's new and they never seen it before and think that you as a customer don't know what you come in talking about. Go learn to read and learn about stuff you dumbasses!

Remii,
Glad to know that you got things resolved in a good way and got a brand new UNOPENED unit out of it, along with the gift card! :)

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
expose them for what??? taking a picture.. crap if thats the case i would have hundreds of people sueing me for pics i took in the smokioes and ssstrangers walking in the pic scene i was taking...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
expose them for what??? taking a picture.. crap if thats the case i would have hundreds of people sueing me for pics i took in the smokioes and ssstrangers walking in the pic scene i was taking...

Expose them for selling an opened and used piece of technology as new, which is against the law in many states.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well you clearly need to be taught them if you're defending what they did. Retailers like best buy have zero tolerance for this crap (as well they should), and if this employee gets fired it's his own fault. Actions have consequences. It's a lesson that seems to be lost on many of the younger workers these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No one is defending anyone, people just like to go over the top here and act like they control the world around them. I just said this is not worth getting someone fired over. I dont go around seeking someone looses their job, but yes I would demand a new phone. What do I gain from someone losing a job, nothing, absolute nothing. May be that is just me, I dont need to be taught nothing, I bet on any given day I would beat anyone one standing right next to me in manners and common sense and in doing the right thing. I have nothing to prove or gain by someone losing a job. Yes call me stupid but I take no pleasure in doing such a thing.

Yes best buy fires them it is their thing, but me asking them to be fired is just me being a dick, sorry I take no pride in such things, there are other punishments that one might seek then demanding for someone's job. May be some people grow a few more balls by doing such things.

nikeairs23

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I can understand you being a little upset. I hate things like that. When I buy something new, I expect it to be new. From now on, I think I'll just buy phones from Amazon. I can't stand paying for a new phone and watching some guy open it and set up my phone for me. I would like to do it myself. The store should just scan what they need to scan outside of the box, and leave the merchandise alone. Unless the customer ask for assistance to set up the phone. Amazon probably has someone to do the set up as well, but at least I wont have to watch them do it.