Do you guys use the brightness auto adjust?

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Just curious who uses the brightness auto adjust it seems that on this phone it swaps the brightness quite a bit when using the auto adjust (a bit more than most phones I've owned) not a big deal but I'm wondering if I'm just better off setting the brightness myself and leaving it or if it is going to be better battery wise to use the auto adjust, anyone have any thoughts??

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I was using it. Was bugging me as there was no rhyme or reason when it would lighten or darken. Plus saw somewhere that to save battery life to turn off auto adjust.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
yea it was a pain in the beginning with my Epic but after awhile you get use to it. not saving battery ? i dont believe since that is the main purpose of that setting no? With the battery life this phone has it doesnt matter really. I use it because im use to it now.

iSlackerz

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
yea it was a pain in the beginning with my Epic but after awhile you get use to it. not saving battery ? i dont believe since that is the main purpose of that setting no?

To my knowledge the purpose of auto-brightness is not to save battery but simply to adjust the brightness appropriately for any given lighting environment. Having a set brightness level should save cycles by not having the light sensor actively checking how bright it is and the OS doesn't have to determine what level is appropriate.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No, it bugged me so I turned it off. I've been messing with the setting manually to find a sweet spot that I like in most lighting conditions.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I would also shut off the "power savings" setting it works similar to auto adjust . it is simplier to keep the setting low unless you need it brighter.

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I do not use auto adjust, but I do notice when starting some games, or the web browser, my screen darkens. It's annoying and I wish I could get it to stop, but I haven't found a setting in the applications that would control this (Game: Dragon, Fly! Browser: stock).

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If you open the web brouser and go to settings it has it'sown brightness settings.

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress