Hardware Version & LOS....could it be?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Users reporting LOS - Loss of Signal could be due to Hardware...maybe antenna :eek:
I noticed over at Sprintcommunty a couple posters with Hardware Version: D700.0.5 are having issue in fair to strong service area.
I'm on version D710.10 no loss except when going in very very weak signal area then it flips to roam....oh the EVO still had 1 bar on network.
What hardware are you running hows performance?

EDIT:
This thread is a waste of your time don't bother posting.
0.5 build is Epic 4G device

Last edited:

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
D710.10 here without any major issues and gps locks instantly. If I lose signal for local 3G it will pick up roam signal instantly.

Love this phone!

Sent from my GS2 E4GT using Tapatalk!

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am on D710.10 and had 1 LOS this morning on a rooted phone though.
(I know I've read that both Root/Unrooted phones have this issue)

rmartin

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
D710.10 on rooted phone. Had first LOS issue this morning, but it was after I updated the ROM, may be related. No other LOS issues since launch, except for sprints subpar 3g where I live.

theburningdog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Stock D710.10 and I've had one LOS issue. I assumed it was due to a heavy thunderstorm that was going through at the time, but I had to reboot the phone to get it to reconnect.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
How do you determine the hardware model ? Before I possibly purchase this phone, would like to check first at the Sprint store.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Users reporting LOS - Loss of Signal could be due to Hardware...maybe antenna :eek:
I noticed over at Sprintcommunty a couple posters with Hardware Version: D700.0.5 are having issue in fair to strong service area.
I'm on version D710.10 no loss except when going in very very weak signal area then it flips to roam....oh the EVO still had 1 bar on network.
What hardware are you running hows performance?

D700.0.5 is the Epic 4G lol. But nice try. It can get easily confused. Sorry Sling.

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the .10 version and I have had one instance where I had to restart the phone to get signal.

During the "issue" I put my phone in airplane mode and it didnt help and then I received a call that quickly droppped....after a reboot all is good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
.10 here no issues. My house is in a crappy area so I roam downstairs sometimes, but that happens to every sprint phone we own (Optimus S, Epic 4G, and E4GT).

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Whoops lol.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Yeah, just wanted to clear that up so people don't keep on posting they had a hardware version everyone else has :p. Unless someone has a hardware version that starts with 'D710' and ends with something other than '0.10', then by all means, post it.