SMS Pop Up

ggt

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using SMS Pop Up on this phone? I can't seem to figure out how to stop receiving a pop up when someone leaves me a voice mail. It tells me that I have received a voice mail and to call Sprint to listen to it? This never happened on my Hero or Evo. Is this something something specific to all Samsung phones? Thanks in advance for any help.

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell us more?
Are you getting a text from 9016 or something and asking to call 408-970-0000 for your message?
If so, it may be a problem with the notifications system on your SMS POP Up (I used Go SMS and had that happen).

Flyboy1100

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Not a sms popup problem, I use it too butI use gv for voicemail. You need to call sprint our somehow disable that text

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

scoob

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, this has been an issue for about a year now.
I found this thread about Handcent and GO SMS that helped me fix the problem having something to do with 3rd party app's notification system

Sprint Community: Having VVM issues (getting a text from...

Also check out posting #34 about sending a voicemail to activate@VVm.Sprint.com (that's V V M not W).

Hope that helps, it was driving me and a bunch of other peopel nuts.

Reactions: ggt

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't like the stock SMS app on the Evo so I used Handcent and installed it on the ET during set up. After looking at the stock SMS app on the ET, I uninstalled Hancent and never looked back. Maybe Hancent has some extra feature I never use, but visually, they were identical, so I found no use for a 3rd party SMS app.

ggt

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I guess I will have to use a new sms app instead of just the pop up. Strange how this started when I got this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer