Android Auto--Pop Up Headers

bayouguy71

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I searched and didn't come up with much but ever since the April Security patch on my S22+ (Verizon) I have not been getting the pop up headers for notifications for texts / chats.
I just hear the chime and see the number appear in the lower right corner.
I have tried this in my 18 Silverado as well as my wifes 18 Grand Cherokee.
Been going through about as many settings as I can find and have done a force stop on AA a few times.

Any idea where to check?

bayouguy71

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
deleting it from approved devices? this isn't a bluetooth connection, it is a wired connection.
I will see if I can do that next time I am in my truck
To be clear, this is factory wired AA in a 2018 Silverado

bayouguy71

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Considering it did the same thing on 2 different vehicles from 2 different manufacturers I an leaning towards a phone issue rather than a vehicle issue.

I will keep looking at settings on the phone.

It does this for both text messages and FB Messenger so it it is not likely related to the individual apps either

I am sure it will mysteriously fix itself just like it appeared

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Considering it did the same thing on 2 different vehicles from 2 different manufacturers I an leaning towards a phone issue rather than a vehicle issue.

I will keep looking at settings on the phone.

It does this for both text messages and FB Messenger so it it is not likely related to the individual apps either

I am sure it will mysteriously fix itself just like it appeared
Could be a recent update that caused this

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you want to play around with it go to settings>apps>Android Auto tap>upper right corner tap>uninstall the update see if it's ok
aa4225b38f736cadc3f5bfdfd81d3c56.jpg

bayouguy71

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
well, did all of that and still no notification banner / pop up, whatever they call it.
BTW--it essentially forced me to re-update AA before the truck would even connect to the phone :-(

bayouguy71

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
well, this has been a bit of a learning experience

It all has to do with notification type /permissions as far as I can tell.
You have to have "Pop-Up" notifications enabled for them to pop up on AA, I don't remember having to have that enabled before.

I had that enabled globally on Textra but for some reason some of my conversations had them clicked off individually.
Once I fixed that I get proper notifications pop ups on AA now, although I am not a fan of the pop ups on my lock screen but I guess it is give and take.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
well, this has been a bit of a learning experience

It all has to do with notification type /permissions as far as I can tell.
You have to have "Pop-Up" notifications enabled for them to pop up on AA, I don't remember having to have that enabled before.

I had that enabled globally on Textra but for some reason some of my conversations had them clicked off individually.
Once I fixed that I get proper notifications pop ups on AA now, although I am not a fan of the pop ups on my lock screen but I guess it is give and take.
Ahh.. ok so the phone was responsible for that