I noticed a lot of bugs with his phone.

Gami004pilot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.
It's been about three weeks that I've been with this phone and I like it but I easily get upset with it.
There's a lot of glitches and bugs with this phone that I've noticed. I had to reformat this phone twice already and no I dont root.
I will notice that sometimes my phone with freeze. Also I would get drop outs with the sound. Voice recognition on this phone sucks! I would have to speak multiple times just to get a sentence right.

I have not installed many applications at all. Samsung needs to takes some hints from apple.
Samsung needs to stop making so many phones and focus just on one phone like apple.
For a dual core processor something to take quite a bit of time loading apps internet browsing. The Texting keyboard
seems to take up more than half of the screen. Most of the time when I text I cant even get to the bottom of the screen on my browser to edit my text without some type of fustrating movement of the screen not letting me get to the bottom of my paragraph. Ugh....I gotta recharge I'll be back to finish....

Last edited:

Gami004pilot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Also my screen occasionally gets frozen and becomes laggy and twitchy.
When texting....I noticed that words highlight very easily and becomes annoying plus overly twitchy. Sometimes...by the time I move my finger from a word the screen tends to twitch and blink as if was a phone that has nervous problem especially pluged in on a charger.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone is one smooth bugless beast, but I never had those issues with my sgs2. You may have a defective unit. I would recommend trying a different one. Maybe the mike is jacked? Good luck.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Did you restore data with a program like my backup pro? I had a lot of issues after restoring all my data. I did a wipe and didn't restore my sms and mms data and that helped alot. It really messed with my phone including the keyboard, messages and probably battery life

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
New had issues like you are having, I would return it for a replacement right away.
hmm going over his post again he appears to have one of the bad chargers that freak device.
OP just take the sucker back as YBCold recommends you got a dud my friend

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The OP reads like this: "This isn't an iPhone. Samsung should just be like Apple and make one model only. iPhone is so cool. I want an iPhone because this isn't one."

He needs to get back under his bridge.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
OP do a factory reset.
If that doesn't resolve issue you a got a dud pay visit to Sprint service center.
Oh and the iphone ,
Sprint Community: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow...

lol at the person who posted a screen shot comparing the speed of the iPhone S to the Epic 4G touch asking why his speed is so much better on the Epic. He has 4G turned on with his Epic......WTF, was this guy serious or just f'n around.....I hope the latter.

And to these people who keep posting why can't this phone be like an iPhone, why can't it be smooth like an iPhone, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...........STFU already!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
lol at the person who posted a screen shot comparing the speed of the iPhone S to the Epic 4G touch asking why his speed is so much better on the Epic. He has 4G turned on with his Epic......WTF, was this guy serious or just f'n around.....I hope the latter.

And to these people who keep posting why can't this phone be like an iPhone, why can't it be smooth like an iPhone, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...........STFU already!
Yeah screen shot poster isn't with it.
Iphone is having harder time on 3G hopefully they get tower patch soon because Jailbreak cant save the day.

There's lots of iphone trolls that hang out in Android Central craving attention posting nonsense inviting conflict.
Sad very sad.

Last edited:

Gami004pilot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Any who.... This phone for the same price with new contract compared to other phones is not the best of the bunch. Imagine buying a car at the same price of another new vehicle, one car is nice and offers great features but the other for the same price is more reliable, more solid, better gas milage, more accessories and better bang for the buck.

This phone could be a super phone but suffers from bugs and glitches.

Edited by a moderator who is getting very tired of the fighting here lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Know issue with touch screen & stock charger!

Speeds may very , assuming you have sprint you should be familiar with certain speeds in certain areas!

TYping varies on certain sites also some are more friendly than others & offer cell phone format! Android central doesn't always play nice with this browser. I also experience this on this website & some others.

There's no such thing as a glitch free phone! Both phones are smooth, both phones are "ELECTRONICS" bugs included!

As far a others try a replace ment device or a reboot as others suggested!

If all else fails get an "Y.pho.ne" no one should have to wish they waited for another phone just go get it, & be happy!

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I actually have experienced some of the bugs mentioned by the OP and many more. For those of you with no issues count your blessings. However, do not flame those who don't share your good fortune and is simply trying to blow off some steam.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
just like anything electronic, you could have easily gotten a defective phone..
just take it in for an exchange, before you bemoan how awful this phone is..
Samsung has sold over 30 million Galaxy S phones world wide; hardly the performance of a "dud"..

And, BTW, your demeaning, condescending attitude needs to be left at home; I'm old enough to be for daddy, and, I have done all my homework for the night...

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
O..... Its so easy to talk crap.... :) u kids make me laugh.

Any who.... This phone for the same price with new contract compared to other phones is not the best of the bunch. Imagine buying a car at the same price of another new vehicle, one car is nice and offers great features but the other for the same price is more reliable, more solid, better gas milage, more accessories and better bang for the buck.

This phone could be a super phone but suffers from bugs and glitches.

As for the kids bad mouthing..... Go do some homework...lol...:-D

TiPb

Go. Click and be free.

I have a child likely old enough to be your parent. You'll address me, and every member of this forum with respect or you'll be forced out. Your call.

Gami004pilot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
TiPb

Go. Click and be free.

I have a child likely old enough to be your parent. You'll address me, and every member of this forum with respect or you'll be forced out. Your call.

Have u even read the beginning of the thread were everyone is cursing and bad mouthing me....?. Hello! You need to put them on check first sir!
This is the first time I even posted on these forums and moderators are attacking me!... U need to read from the very beginning... WoW!

As for those who kindly posted.... Thank u for ur responses and time. I will surely get my phone checked and see for a replacement. Before that....i will reformat/ factory reset and see if it helps.

I feel like I deserve an apology.:'( I feel victimized!

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that it is so much that our phones are defective but the phone just have glitches like most phones. I just turned mine on, hit a dictionary app, the phone froze went to a black screen and rebooted itself. This particular issue however very rarely happens. One of my biggest gripes is the bad GPS which I don't think is a defect but a Samsung shortfall. Look in the Droid Charge forums. Many over there are complaining that their GPS is unusable. My phone has many glitches but the truth be told they really aren't as pervasive as alot of other phones that I have had in the past - ala the early weeks of the EVO3D. I think it is actually normal albeit annoying.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There are glitches and then there are defective phones. I'd say the OP has a defective phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa