No sound from top of screen speaker

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
So I just noticed I'm not getting any sound from the speaker at the top of the screen only the bottom of the phone, does anyone know a fix for this?

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Yea it played a sound through the speakers but didn't differentiate top from bottom so when it asked if I could hear the media I hit yes, I might try hitting no and see what that does

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Put the phone in safe mode and played a few things and it worked fine and when I got out of safe mode I played the same things and it is working again. So I'm guessing it's an app causing the problem?
Probably. Another possibility is that it was just a temporary glitch that a reboot would've cleared.

If the problem comes back, that would make it more likely to be an issue caused by a 3rd party app. It may be tedious, but it might require uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away.

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Probably. Another possibility is that it was just a temporary glitch that a reboot would've cleared.

If the problem comes back, that would make it more likely to be an issue caused by a 3rd party app. It may be tedious, but it might require uninstalling apps one by one until the problem goes away.
Well I appreciate the help, I don't know why I didn't try to do a normal restart and see if that fixed it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I appreciate the help, I don't know why I didn't try to do a normal restart and see if that fixed it.
Well Samsungs auto optimization should have caught the issue and automatically restarted your phone for you.

This is why I'm glad Samsung brought back the restart on schedule feature so I can set it to restart whatever day I set at whatever time I set.

This setting is in settings, device care scroll down to auto optimization.

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Well Samsungs auto optimization should have caught the issue and automatically restarted your phone for you.

This is why I'm glad Samsung brought back the restart on schedule feature so I can set it to restart whatever day I set at whatever time I set.

This setting is in settings, device care scroll down to auto optimization.
I left mine set to auto restart when needed and until I did the safe mode restart it was at 0 auto restart, I usually clean my memory and optimize right before bed. I might have to set mine for a set time but my last phone did an auto restart when it was trying to do an update and I could never get the update to work, it just said something about firmware error

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I left mine set to auto restart when needed and until I did the safe mode restart it was at 0 auto restart, I usually clean my memory and optimize right before bed. I might have to set mine for a set time but my last phone did an auto restart when it was trying to do an update and I could never get the update to work, it just said something about firmware error
I hear you there. I turn my auto update off for reasons such as this and I want to know what the update is before it goes on my phone.

Reactions: J Dubbs

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I hear you there. I turn my auto update off for reasons such as this and I want to know what the update is before it goes on my phone.
I get a notification when it wants to update so if I need to I can push it to when I'm not using it, so I will have to look through the settings and make updates only when I want them and auto restarts on a certain day, just got to figure out when the best time to set would be with my schedule

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter