Setting a preferred phone number in Contacts

sjl330

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Some of my contacts have several phone numbers. When I go to text someone, I hate having to scroll thru each one to make sure I'm using their mobile number instead of their home or office etc. I have my groups set up that I send the same texts to a lot, but I then have to go to each person in that group individually and make sure it's selecting the correct phone number to text to, or else it ends up sending "Text to landline" messages. Frustrating!!

Thanks for any input on this.

cavemanstan

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
In the Contacts list, if you press and hold a contact you get a pop-up with the option to "Mark as default". Would that help?

I believe there are also SMS apps that only show mobile numbers for contacts but I haven't researched that yet.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
In the Contacts list, if you press and hold a contact you get a pop-up with the option to "Mark as default". Would that help?

I believe there are also SMS apps that only show mobile numbers for contacts but I haven't researched that yet.

This.
Go to the contact in question, hit menu then mark as default. There you can select profile pics, email addresses, phone #'s etc

I'm TMack, and I approve this message.

sjl330

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! That was too easy, lol. But it still brings up everybody in the groups email addy too when all I want to do it send them a text! I still have to go thru and click where I want to send it, mobile or email. I wish there was a text only option to click on. When I click on my email widget and want to send an email I don't have to choose between a phone number or an email address. I wish there was a text widget that would only pull up the default numbers I have chosen. Maybe there is, I'll keep trying to find a solution. Maybe like your solution to my earlier question it will be something I just haven't seen yet. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa