Phone deleted random Outlook Contacts - WHY???

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I use Outlook for all my phone and email Contacts (I absolutely hate Gmail!), which is set to sync automatically with my Outlook account. This is the second time I have been scrolling through text messages and noticed a bunch were just phone numbers, not names. I read the messages to find out they were people I text often, but their names weren't shown because their names had bee mysteriously deleted from my Contacts list! I had to go in and manually re-save about 20 people. Worst part is there are probably some people I haven't spoken with in a while I may not even know to re-add.
Any idea why this happens, and is there a way to re-sync my Outlook Contacts list so I don't have to manually re-enter each deleted Contact? This is so frustrating!!
Thank you!

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing this is different from the well-publicized glitch that affected the Google Contacts app on Pixels and Samsung phones: https://9to5google.com/2023/06/15/google-contacts-missing-android-pixel/. But see if the fix there helps.
Thank you. Seems a little different. The article sounded like all Contacts went missing, and for Gmail account, not Outlook (though maybe Google has them connected somehow?) Mine were just random people, no pattern I could see.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Assuming all of those contacts are still intact in your Outlook account in the cloud, maybe try removing the account from the phone and then adding it back again?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Assuming all of those contacts are still intact in your Outlook account in the cloud, maybe try removing the account from the phone and then adding it back again?
At this point, I'm a little afraid of messing things up. I tried Syncing my Outlook account on my phone, but it didn't add a couple new contacts I just added last evening to my online version. However, it did add them to my Google version of my Contacts list on my phone. After I just tried the phone Outlook sync, there are still some old contacts on my computer that were not added to my phone's Contact list. On my old LG G4, any Contacts I added to my phone would appear on my computer soon thereafter, and visa versa. On my Pixel, it seems different, like I have to go in and manually add it to the other list later, even though sync is set to automatic.

Thought this new Pixel phone would be great, but am missing my old LG more and more. Strange that technology would get worse. The camera on my LG took better pictures, the screen was just as good, Outlook worked as it should, when I wanted to share a photo, it remembered my past ways to share and had a shortcut to make it easier, I got cell service in more places...one thing I do love about the Pixel is Hold For Me and the Spam Call Screening. Everything else seems like a step backwards. Sorry, I had to vent a little .:sneaky: