Best way to carry E4GT?

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I know a lot of you guys probably don't like to use a holster, but I like the protection and convenience of it. My problem is with the side located power button on this phone I am always turning the screen off or on when I lift it out of the holster.

So what do you guys use for a carry solution? I am not a fan of phone cases usually. I do like the soft gel covers if I had a way of easily carrying it with that on the phone. I need to protect my phone and keep it within easy reach. Thanks for any input!

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess my experience of being a boy scout as a kid stuck with me (always be prepared), I have way to many things in my front pockets that should never be mixed with a phone. So I don't ever put it in my pockets as a result, but I have often thought about it.

crocostimpy

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I was a holster guy for years. Going back to the late '90s with an Ericsson (pre-Sony) WAP phone, through 2 Treos and a Pre. It was kind of my geek flag, flown proudly. With this phone I've switched to pocket mode, it's so thin and light. I have learned to put it in head-first to avoid the power-switch bump on retrieval. I've also retrained myself to keep coins and keys out of that pocket. If you can't do that, consider a skin. Although drag coefficient may become a factor.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here, I don't really care what my holster looks like as long as it serves the purpose but the E4GT is putting a wrench in that. I wish Samsung would put the volume keys where everybody else does, on the right hand side and the power button on the top!

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprints snap protector with the kick stand and a screen protector + my pocket

How much does that protector with the kick stand add to the size of it? Would you guess it to still fit in a leather holster? I also have a Motorola Photon and I love the kick stand. I never would have guessed that to be a feature I would love but it's pretty darn nice.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a hard plastic case thats very thin and covers the back and 4 corners, then with it came a belt clip, keeps the phone face in for added protection. Came from a Sprint store and cost me 19.99 i think.

Reactions: fivegear

Taz420NJ

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I wear carpenter jeans, so I throw mine into one of the leg pockets. I used to carry in the 'lighter' pocket, but I've wasted the screen on my old phone several times by sticking a screwdriver or box cutter in there too.

As for protection, I have one of these hard-frame cases ($6):

Newegg.com - Transparent Clear Touch Hard Plastic Case Snap On Cover For Samsung Epic 4G

It makes the screen inset all the way around on the front (not just the 4 corners) so it can't get scratched if it hits the ground.

A0UW_1_20111130_556042.jpg

and the cheapo 3-for-$5 screen protectors. I'm mixed on these, because they are a total pain in the @$$ to apply. They are glueless, so they don't leave a residue when they need to be peeled off/changed, but any speck of dust creates a bubble that can't be smoothed down. This is important because they are VERY staticky and attract ANY dust in the area. The only way to fix it is to peel it off and use a piece of looped masking tape to pull the dust off the protector and screen. It took me nearly half an hour to get it applied with no bubbles/dust. Not sure if other/expensive ones are like this, but I know I would've been pissed if I had this much trouble installing one that cost $10 or more.

My other gripe with them is they are not oleophobic like the gorilla glass is, so it is constantly covered in fingerprints. If anyone knows of protectors that are fingerprint resistant like the glass, I'd like to hear your suggestions!

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How much does that protector with the kick stand add to the size of it? Would you guess it to still fit in a leather holster? I also have a Motorola Photon and I love the kick stand. I never would have guessed that to be a feature I would love but it's pretty darn nice.

Pretty thin, barely takes up noticeable space. Still slides into pants no problem, jeans too.

I'd say its as thick as a ball point pen head/ink well.

dragonladyRN

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I also have the Seidio surface case and clip, and don't hit the volume button when taking the phone off clip. Fairly thin, use this combo at work for added protection. But quickly and easily slips off to place in car dock, and the stays "naked" for personal use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress