deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It's in beta now. But apparently you can't download it now because they are having a problem with it. You would get it here:
Swype | Text Input for Screens | Down for Maintenance

In order to make it work, one user said he had to do the following:
"to get Swype beta to work on my Samsung Galaxy S 2.2 i needed to do this

remove the folowing file and reboot my phone and now my beta works

/system/app/Swype.apk
/system/app/Swype.odex
/system/lib/libSwypeCore.so"​

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
TouchPal is the best keyboard for Swype

I have to agree with you... I have Swype, Slide-It, SwiftKey X, and TouchPal. TouchPal has been the best, most consistent keyboard I've used. It's "swyping" is quite consistent, I like some of the extra features (like the large directional cursor and copy keys, it's updated frequently, and it's price is right... FREE! :cool:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey X and Thumb Keyboard are still my favorite input keyboards. I could never get into the whole swipe thing. Swype is always on my list of system apps to uninstall when I flash a new ROM. To each his own though .. I know some people really like it.

techsamaritan

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Haven't tried touchpal yet but loves swype! I've used all the others but always comes back. Wish I could use the layout I had on the Nexus S for Sprint, it looked great! More design layouts would be a great improvement, imo

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've tried several, including the recently mentioned TouchPal. None of them perfect or have really blown me away, but the Swype layout and features seem to work best for me.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

For some reason I fall into the group of people here that seem to keep returning to the built-in Swype keyboard.

And I have purchased all of the major keyboard alternatives out there, but just keep returning to Swype.

So if anyone has figured out how to install the version offered directly from Swype (beta I guess), what are the steps you've taken to install it?

Thanks!

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I was a huge swype fan, but there are so many little irritants about it, and forget going to their forums for help...

Tried TouchPal based on the recommendations in this thread, and I'm loving it. Some nuances to get used to compared to swype, but the similarities are great, and there are some improved features too.

swiping "that's" actually gets me "that's" on this keyboard, unlike swype giving me "Ghats" and "That'd" all the time :D

Just hope TouchPal adds themes...