MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty annoying. When I click on the call log to give someone a call back, many times all the text messages I have received also show up in the call log. I know that you can just click on menu and filter for just voice calls, but is that really necessary? Is there a way to change that so that it only shows voice calls and no texts without having to adjust the filter setting every time?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Log in Dialer apps, always defaults to Voice and Text message

Hmmm. Mine is always set to "All voice calls" and it keeps the setting, so I never see text messages in my call log. I don't know why your setting isn't sticking. Do you have contacts synced with anything other than Google such as Facebook or some kind of contacts import? If you do, I'd guess it has something to do with some kind of bug with that.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

My contacts are only synched with the Social Hub through my FB account. Maybe that's causing it? Do you have FB and use it to populate your contacts with FB pics? That's pretty much the only reason why I link the contacts in my Google and FB account.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My contacts are only synched with the Social Hub through my FB account. Maybe that's causing it? Do you have FB and use it to populate your contacts with FB pics? That's pretty much the only reason why I link the contacts in my Google and FB account.

No I don't. I have Facebook but I don't sync contacts or profile pics. In fact I don't run the App on my phone either. It's battery hog and constantly runs services in the background which I hate.

Anyhoo, yeah I bet it has something to do with your social hub integration.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Oh well, guess I am going to have to live with that then. Just like I have to live with the home screens looping around and as a result the wallpapers not scrolling anymore as I got from screen to screen after the update.

What idiot thought that this was a good idea??

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Oh well, guess I am going to have to live with that then. Just like I have to live with the home screens looping around and as a result the wallpapers not scrolling anymore as I got from screen to screen after the update.

What idiot thought that this was a good idea??

Haha yeah. That was a common complaint when the EL13 update leaked last month. On that note, if you're not married to the TouchWiz launcher experience, I highly recommend giving Go Launcher EX a try. It's free and does everything Touchwiz does, but better. It's had home screen looping for ages, but the wallpaper still scrolls as well. Why the Samsung software engineers couldn't figure it out is beyond me.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I used ADW Launcher EX. Had everything set up looking pretty, had a folder for my games and other stuff. Rebooted my phone one day, and what do you know, all my app icons were now standard android icons, and when I went into the app launcher, quite a few of them were missing! After all the work I put into the damn thing I was pretty pissed. I did do a "backup" of my config, but when I restored to it, I just landed up with nothing. It looked just like when you install ADW Launcher for the first time. Was tired of messing with it and fearing that it will happen again on the next reboot, so I stuck with stock.